Kakorrhaphiophobia [Kurloz Makara x Reader] [Homestuck]

[A/N].- This is Sadstuck. It involves unrequited love and agonizing sadness from the protagonist. Please read with caution. Also note that all characters are human and that Kurloz could speak before his relationship with Meulin.

You are related to the Pyrope's.

There could be a sequel to this, depending if you guys want a happy ending.

Kakorrhaphiophobia - n. The fear of rejection

If anyone tried to talk to me now, they wouldn't be able to get a hold of me (no matter how desperate they need to see me) because sadness envelops someone in a cold darkness that only two emotions can only be felt: sheer heartbreak and loneliness, and it blinds them from anything concerning reality because it was the very thing that wounds them up in this horrid, tearful mess. Even if they claim to not move from the spot from in front of my door, I wouldn't budge from my spot huddled in the corner of my room. People are the very least beings I wish to have in my presence right now.

"C'mon girl, open up! Please, [y/n], you can't keep this thing up and hanging!" Latula's voice exclaimed in desperation as a muffle through the wood. Shit happens! Let's some girl-to-girl chat at least"

Unsurprisingly, I didn't let my sister in and in fact only hugged the stuffed dragon tighter in my arms. My back pressed even more against the vertex where the two walls meet as if wanting to disappear into it in hopes of it leading me to an alternate universe; maybe I would stay there in searches of a better, happier life.

Other footsteps approached the door and a familiar voice spoke.

Terezi.

"Face it, she isn't coming out. She's probably just going to die in there"

"Thanks for the hope, you ray of fucking sunshine", Latula scowled. "Anyway, have you tried to talk some sense into her 'cause she ain't listening to me"

"See those scratch marks? That was me. I even tried to lure her out with sugary stuff but that didn't work either!"

A sigh was heard.

"Man does she hold it up good!"

"I know right! How long has it been?!"

My dried mouth opened after not speaking for the longest while.

"Th-three weeks", I croaked. "I cross them out on my calendar. It's been two weeks"

Intense scratching noise irritated my ears. Terezi's nails made contact with the wood as they have done previously and Latula's banging added to its loud volume. Anyone here would cover their ears but I wasn't fazed by this not even by the slightest.

"Sis you gotta get outta there!!"

"I can fix it for you, [y/n]!! There will be justice served!!"

Tears welled up in my eyes as I heard their pleas and promises. They were such great siblings, getting out of their way for me. I felt sorry for them that I had repay them like this.

Flashback to three weeks ago.

Sunday, February 16, 1:00 pm.

Valentine's Day came and went. Me being the coward that I was, I hadn't confessed my feelings toward Kurloz on that specific day because of rejection, my traumatic phobia. However, I was determined to change this.

I was at the park, trying to encourage myself to stand up and march my way over to the tall, mysterious young man that I've grown exceedingly attached to romantically sitting on the bench across from mine. Little by little courage was building up within me when a series of mentally coursed speeches ran through my head like one of Kankri's long-winded lectures.