The Healer

Jennifer's heart sank when she heard her alarm clock beep obnoxiously at 6:00 Monday morning. The last thing she wanted to do was trudge herself into school. She crawled out of bed and looked at her reflection in the mirror, the person looking back at her was horrific. Pieces of soft blonde hair stuck out everywhere, and her eyes were red and burning from the makeup she had once again forgotten to take off the night before. You are one hot mess, she thought. After examining herself in despair, she continued on to the bathroom to shower, and cranked the water on as hot as her skin could bare. She peeled off her tank top, dropped her underwear, and stepped into the cloud of steam.

By the time she finished her shower and got dressed, Jennifer was feeling a bit more hopeful, if she could get through today, she was on thanksgiving break for the rest of the week. Although she was not looking forward to walking to school, again. After going through her morning routine of slapping makeup onto her face, styling and running a brush through her silky hair, she grabbed her backpack and was out the door on her way to school.

After school, Jennifer proceeded to walk home after school as usual. She wasn't too far from home when she heard a gentle voice behind her. "Excuse me, I believe you dropped this." Jennifer turned around to see a tall young man, holding her favorite lip gloss. Jennifer tried not to blush.

"Thank you!" Jennifer giggled as she snatched the lip gloss from him. He smiled politely and nodded his head slightly, as she pivoted and started back for home. She noticed he was following her, she turned around a second time. "Uh, may I help you?" She inquired.