01

Normani POV

The alarm rang ferociously while I groaned and complained. I punched the alarm clock and knocking the alarm clock onto the floor. I didnt get any sleep at all last night. Insomnia is eating me alive, along with my thoughts which I hate being alone with, but hey, who isnt alone?

I managed to get out of bed this morning as I prepare myself for a new enrollment at high school, Venus High School. I dont know why a new school makes me so nauseous, I just show up, do my work, then take the bus home just like any other ordinary day for me, Normani Kordei Hamilton. The last school I attended was hard for me. The work never got to me because I made all good grades, the people are what get to me. All their judgemental comments and smart remarks makes me gag and my stomach tie in knots.

I went into my wardrobe and picked out my formal attire for the day. A black long sleeve shirt with black ripped up jeans, following by high black boots and greenish eyeshadow following by my black diamond choker. Talk about first impression.

I walked downstairs to greeting my mother and father eating breakfast. Mom always cooked while dad worked. My job was to stay out of the way like every teenager does.

"Good morning, sweetheart" Mom said while scooping some eggs up from the pan onto my plate.

"Morning" I say, stuffing my face with eggs, Father looked at me and smiled.

"Geez slow down kid, whats the rush? You've never seemed this excited for high school" He laughed while I rolled my eyes.

"No, im eating fast in order to get to school and get this day over with as quickly as possible." I say while shaking my head.

Mom sat by me and picked up her fork, proceeding to stuff eggs down her throat. "Honey, school cant be that bad. Look on the bright side"

Everyone thinks its easy to make friends when in reality its not. Social anxiety prevents you for maintaining a social life and when you try and talk to people it feels like they are annoyed of you and they want nothing to do with you. If I could erase this anxiety from my life, trust me I would.

"Ahh yes, the bright side. I love transferring to a new school!" I clap my hands and do a little dance in my seat. Mom sighed while she took my plate to the sink. This is a normal morning in the Hamilton house.

I chugged my orange juice as I continue to hear a beep outside my door. I took the last sip of OJ and ran out the front door.

"Wait, Normani!" I turned around and mom was in front of me with my lunch for school. Mom gave me a big hug then let go.

"Remember to smile, if you have a positive attitude, positive things will come your way" I fake a smile the proceeded to work my way up the bus steps. When I got into the vehicle, people stared. One boy snickered to the other and two girls laughed at my eyeshadow, which I was not surprised at. Everyone laughs at how you look wether you look like a princess, or wether you look like the grinch who stole Christmas.

My mom waved goodbye while the bus continued to move and I stared at her and waved back. I would literally do anything to stay home with my mom and dad. The idea of even starting a new school makes me sick to my stomach.

Twenty minutes later, the bus pulls up to the place I call my new school. I stepped off the bus steps and proceeded to walk into the school. This school was like my old school. Girls gossiping about one another, the jocks are the loudest ones in the hallway, and the creepy kids who say and do perverted things to one another.

It didnt take long for the first bell to ring and the hallways went empty, thats when I realized I was lost. I had no idea where my first period was and neither did I know anyone here.

I was scared, better yet terrified. My anxiety was kicking in and my eyes became teary. I walked in a fast pace when I saw my literature class, though my pace was interrupted when I bumped into a girl accidentally.

She was effortlessly beautiful

She was effortlessly beautiful. Her hair was long and blonde, her jacket is a light orange with a white tank top and some black jeans to go along with it. Her presence was so breathtaking, I could stare at her eyes for hours.

I shook my head and picked my books up from the floor. The girl stared at me like she was waiting for an apology. I picked my knees up from the ground and my eyes met her eyes.

"You must be new?" The girl said while offering me her hand so she can pull me up, I nodded as she proceeded to pick me up from the hardwood ground. The girl pushed her hair out her face and continued to talk to me.

"Yea, I moved here from Atlanta, its different here than it is back in Georgia. The school is quite bigger."

The girl laughed and pushed the lace of her bookbag onto her arm to stop the bookbag from falling. "Yea, its a big school. What class do you have for first period?"

I took out my class schedule and read the words that were in cursive. "I have Ms. Greene, literature" the girl looked surprised. The girl grinned.

"So do I, well first period is about to end so" The girl took my paper and scanned it with her hazel brown eyes. "Since we have second period together, do you want to walk with me?" I smiled and nodded as we walked to B hallway.

"I forgot to ask" I say and the girl turns her head to me. "Whats your name?"

"Dinah, Dinah Jane Hansen. And you?" I smiled. "Normani, Normani Kordei Hamilton." Dinah chuckled.

"Nice to meet you, Normani Kordei Hamilton."