Chapter one

"Ugh" I said as my mom woke me up for school. "Come on sweetie, you're gonna be late." Sweetie? What am I five. Today is the last day of school before summer vacation and I'm not looking forward to summer at all. I love the hot weather in Florida and it gets really hot. "But mom, it's the last day of school can't I just, you know, skip?" She gave me a look that said 'get-out-of-bed-right-now-or-you-will-never-enjoy-Starbucks-again!!! "Fine." I said. My mom is the best. She rarely gets angry and I think I've only heard her yell three or four times in my entire life. Tell me, have you ever met someone that has only yelled three or four times in seventeen years. Yeah, I didn't think so. I got out of bed and got dressed. Now that it's summer, I have to go shopping. I HATE shopping. It's pointless, I mean who would want to walk around all day. Not to mention inside. Ugh.

I picked out a pair of black leggings and a bright red hoodie. Just because it's the last day of school doesn't mean I have to dress nicely. I grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen and went out to the car. For my seventeenth birthday four months ago, my mom bought me a black Volkswagen, I have to pay for gas, car washes and stuff like that but she would pay monthly. I told you, BEST MOM EVER!!! "Bye mom" I called. "Bye honey."

Once I got to school, my bestfriend in the whole entire world Jenna, met me out front. "Hey Ang" she said. "Hey Jen". Jenna has long blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. She is tall and  skinny and any girl would be jealous of her. She isn't  like a typical pretty girl. She is nice and would get along with anybody. "Have you seen Emma today?" She asked. "No not yet why?" I said. "No reason, just wondering". Emma is my other friend. She has short brunette hair and blue eyes. She is the kind of person who tells you the truth about what she is thinking. It really didn't matter if she was thinking something nice or not nice. "I'll catch up with you later ok? Gotta make it to 1st period" I said. "Yeah see you soon". She replied.

It's my last class before lunch and it was just starting. Mr. Lokure was just starting the class when all of a sudden the door swung open and crashed on the wall. Then walked in Robbie Ramirez. The hottest, most muscular guy in the school. He is a mega jock. Meaning he plays every 'cool' sport in the school. That would be soccer, football, hockey, baseball, and lacrosse. Every girl in the school wants him and every guy wants to be him. I, however, don't like him at all. He is so cliche and mean. He picked on the so-called 'nerds' and makes them do his homework. Somehow, everyone else in the school doesn't care about it and even embraces it.

When he barged in the classroom, about ten girls yelped, and the rest just stared in awe. All the guys burst out laughing and teasing the girls. I just continued my work. When I was finished, the bell rang and everyone left.

When I got into the cafeteria, there were the usual school groups. The jocks at one table, the cheerleaders at the table beside them. Next was the swimmers and tennis players. Then the 'band geeks' (which by the way I have no problem with. I decided to use the stereotypical names for effect.) and the normal geeks and nerds. Then the yearbook group. Last but not least, me, Jenna and Emma. It was just the three of us sitting together. Occasionally, a few kids would sit with us just for the extra chairs. I had no problem with this because they didn't talk to us when they were there. They spoke to each other. Let me tell you, high school is not a place where you can turn your back and not expect something to happen. One time, it was just me waiting for em and Jen, and I went to refill my drink in the cafeteria. The second I came back, the table was taken. I swear I was gone for like, not even 0.001 seconds. So many stupid things happening every second and you don't know what to expect. At least not for a while, then you get used to it and it's not even a surprise.

<><><><><><><><><>
Yay I finished the first chapter. Lemme know what you guys think. Tell me if it was too short or too long. Idk. It's my first book.

                    🦄