The list

"All you have to tell is what happened that night of the murder".

"I told you there isn't much to say". I lied. I had nothing to say about that night when i was forced in the middle of a situation that I had no intentions of being in. I had nothing else to say about that scary night when I almost lost my life because I had to save my friends.

"Please cooperate with us miss because the more you say the faster you can get out of here".

"Can we at least turn up the heat in here? It's like an icebox".

"Of course miss. We will be in here for a while".

"Well if we are going to be in here for a long time I think it is only fair for you to call me by my first name. Its Lindsey".

"Sounds good. Well if you are allowing me to call you by your then it only seems fit that you call me by mine. I am Jerry". I cannot believe that i'm about to tell this fat, hairy policeman that probably eats a thousand donuts a day all about what happened to my friend Mckenna. He seems nice but all I want to do at the moment is crawl into my bed and binge watch Grey's anatomy while eating a whole bag of sour cream and onion chips.

"It all started out on tuesday february 18 at school. I remember i was walking through the hallways. Nothing unusual, just a regular ol day at school. I had gone to my locker and was putting my math textbook back on the top shelf when Mckenna had come up to me. She seemed excited but i didn't think much of it because she is regularly a very energetic ball of fire. Her face was bright red and as usual she had her nerdy, black glasses on with her brown hair in a loose, high ponytail. I noticed she was also wearing her favorite white blouse that buttons up in the front with her cute, light washed, ripped jeans and a pair of white converse. Anyways she had come to me bearing great news about her test. Like always she received an A. We talked for awhile and then the bell rang. Like always we went to class. She didn't tell me about any issues with people around school. We just talked about tests and what we did the night before. Again nothing out of the ordinary. It was a normal day in Forks high school. After the bell rang to leave last period I had gone to my locker to put everything back but i had received a note in my locker".

Jerry asked "what did the note say?"

" Well it said meet me in the back alley of the school. Before I thought it was just Mckenna trying to scare me but when i got into the alley there was a box. The box was very nicely wrapped in a silver paper. Attached to this strange box read a note that said, For Lindsey to open in private. I took the box with me onto the bus and went straight home. When i was home i placed my bookbag down onto the counter and ran up the stairs to my room. I anticipated opening the box because i thought to myself what if it's a bomb? What if it's something bad like drugs and i get caught with it? Or what if it's a million dollars? After thinking of all the possibilities I decided that the anticipation was killing me so I quickly ripped open the box. Inside there laid a go pro, pocket knife, and a note."

"What did the note say?" asked the inpatient man.

"I'm getting there. You wanted specifics. Right?"

"Yes of course."

"Then you have to wait. Okay where was I. Oh ya... the knife. It had a wooden handle. When you open the weapon it had a sharp blade that looked like it could kill a bear with one slit of the neck, It looked New. Freshly bought as it had no scratches and an almost reflective surface over the blade. I carefully opened the letter terrified as I was afraid at what this mysterious person wanted of me. Attached to the letter was a map of the city. I read the note carefully. It had told me that they had taken a large group of my friends and that the only way I would ever be able to see them again would be if I completed a set of tasks and slowly, one by one, I could get them back> the rules were that I had to wear the gopro and film myself doing these tasks, i'm not allowed to tell anyone especially my parents, I can not phone the police, and I had until midnight to do as many as I could. I quickly looked at the tasks that were given and headed on my way."

"What were the tasks?"

"The person gave me a list of ten things. Along with the tasks had the names of the people who I would be saving. My plan was to go from the top of the list and work my way down to the end. The list said:

Steal 1000 dollars worth of things from the mall- Julia

Break into the walmart -Ronald

Teepee Nick's house -Britney

Cut down a tree -Sara

Get in a fight with Olivia Ronalds -Jeremy

Steal a motorcycle -Lisa

Buy a beer from the local pub -Luke

Cut the most popular girl in schools hair -Bruno

Vandalize the school with graffiti -Skyler

Hang from a skyscraper -Alexis

"I tried to start right away as I did not want to waste any time and i wanted to save everyone. The tasks were very hard, Especially the last one because I am terribly afraid of heights. I remember that I was always so paranoid that I would either get in trouble or get caught. Despite my worries and troubles I still got the list done. I care about everyone on that list and was very happy to see that my best friend's name was not on there. I had been instructed that after i was done all the tasks to go to the back alley of my school and return the gopro and I would get my friends back. I was waiting and waiting until this man showed up. He was about 6 feet tall and came wearing all black, leather clothes. His hands ripped the box straight out of my hands. Advising me to stay there he went back around the school. Something didn't seem right. I waited there for about a half an hour. The cold breeze trickled up my spine making me tremble in fear as I heard the man slowly walk to me. He had told me I failed to save everyone. I quickly replied with a hatred remark of, what do you mean I did all the tasks on that list one by one and got everyone, who could i have missed?He whispered to me to turn over the page with the list. Frozen with fear I quickly turned over the page to see nothing but a silly task. The name next to it made my heart break. The name read Mckenna. I tried to hold back my tears but the guilt made them flow. I had failed to finish the list. I had failed my friends. And the worst part of all, I failed Makenna. Not only did i fail her... But i killed her."

"But you saved everyone else and returned everything you stole. That's the important thing. You did your best and you definitely did not kill Makenna. Some psycho who thought it was fun did."

"But if I Just had turned the note over... she would be alive." I remembered this day so vividly. Ever since last tuesday when Mckenna was murdered the situation has been playing over and over in my head. I can't imagine the kind of fear that she was in. She was counting on me and i let her down. And now she's dead.