That's Unfortunate. ~ New Girl.

"Fuck," I mumbled lazily under my breath as I woke up as the mid-April sun beat through my window, heating my room. I glanced across my room to my calendar. Thirty more days, I thought. Then it's summer.

I couldn't decide if I was excited or not, but I was looking forward to getting away from all the douches at my school. I padded down the hallway to the bathroom, hoping that my step brother, Austin, was done... and clothed. We've had that issue numerous times.

I attempted to turn the knob, but oh-so-surprisingly, it didn't budge. "Ya snooze, ya lose!" He yelled through the door. I sighed, walking back to my room. I opened my closet door and tried picking out am outfit. After becoming so frustrated I could scream, I settled on my old, worn out Converse, a pair of medium wash jeans, and a pink hoodie. I was too lazy to actually find a shirt, so I set out a white tank top to go under my hoodie.

I glanced at my clock on my nightstand. Half an hour. I didn't even do my homework. "Damn it," I swore under my breath.

"Bathroom's open, loser," Austin stood at my door with just a towel wrapped around him.

"Go get dressed and get out." I said. I hate to admit it, but he was kind of hot. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a horrible person and I don't like him at all, but damnnn. For a fourteen year old, he was built.

"Mhmm. I'll get dressed when you stop checking me out, Symantha."

"I'm not checking you out, pervert," I brushed past him, making my way to the bathroom.

"Whatever!" He called to me as I slammed the door.

Men.

~

My town was so small, I could walk anywhere. I could walk to school, but the weather never really fits the bill, so I take the bus.

Bus = Hell.

I'm pretty sure my bus driver strategically assigned the seats just so I had to sit with Austin and his friends. We were all eighth graders, so we all took the same bus. I had my ear buds in, but it wasn't enough... all I could hear was how hot this new girl, Megan, was.

Yeah, she's pretty. But c'mon... she's new. I've only seen her once, but I don't doubt she's snobby. Why? It's always my luck that a potential new friend is a bitch. Plus, most middle school boys only care about looks, and most super pretty people like her are brats.

She's not going to survive.

1.) All these boys are going to be all over her.

2.) It's a small town, so if she's a bitch to anyone, word gets out fast.

3.) I can barely survive, and I've been here all my life.

Good luck, sweetheart. Good luck.