Part I

⚫⚫⚫

⚕️

COPYRIGHT ©

All Rights Reserved

No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or any other electronic or mechanical means, without the prior written permission of the author and or publisher except in the case of brief quotations and any non-commercial uses permitted by copyright law ⚖

⚜⚜

⚫⚫⚫

⚕️

All Rights Reserved

©the_atticwriter

~Mexico~

Cassandra Jade stood in her parent's doorway, arms crossed as she stared at her mother packing for one of their various business trips. 

“You know you could help right?” Mrs. Martinez asked her daughter. 

Cassie sighed and entered her parent's room. She grabbed the clothes and threw them into the luggage. 

“Try folding them first, honey” her mother cautioned. 

“Why do you have to go anyway?” Cassie asked, clearly upset. 

Alba moved up to her ten-year-old daughter and gathered her into her arms. 

“But why London? Please don't go Mom” Cassie pleaded, her voice cracking. 

“Isabel's just next door and you'll be here with Natán. We'll be back before you know it” Alba cooed, slowly caressing her hair.

“I've got the bags in the car” Diego announced as he walked in, holding hands with Isabel; Cassandra's best friend. 

“Daddy don't leave me all alone” CJ cried out, as the tears began to fall. 

Isabel settled down quietly beside her friend and rubbed her back. 

“What's this?” Diego asked, crouching in front of his daughter. “Don't cry my beautiful princess. It's just for the weekend.”

“Yeah, not forever silly” José, Cassie's older brother teased joining in the conversation. 

Cassandra narrowed her eyes at her brother and sniffed. 

“You're just happy because you get to go along with them” she stated. 

José grinned and lifted his sister in the air making her laugh. 

“It's like you've got superpowers or something” CJ teased, playfully punching her brother. 

“Yeah right” he chuckled, playfully rolling his eyes. 

At sixteen, José was stronger than he looked. He set his sister back down and messed up her lengthy blonde hair before walking out

“Hey!” Cassie cried, going after him. “You messed up my hair!”

“My bad” he teased. 

“Apologize!”

“It won't magically comb your hair” he stated. 

“Yes, but it'll make me feel better.”

José laughed. Cassandra stamped her feet and pouted.