chapter 32

August POV

I felt real bad after I said that to Mya. It just slipped out. I ain't mean it. I been wanting to go over there and apologize but I know she not gon' wan hear it . so I kept my distance. It wasn't too far. Instead of the guys she was hanging with this Brian dude.

I didn't like him one bit. She was drinking something but I ain't know what. I was getting heated thinking about what he would have given her.

When this song came on she started singing with Brian and this man was getting too close. She was standing in front of him and he had his hand around her neck.

"If your chick come close to me she ain't going home where she posed to be"
The song blasted through the speakers.

They were laughing around and stuff making me miss holding her.
"She ain't never got high like this with a guy like this when she pop it tell her hold up" he looked up at me with a smirk on his face.

"Better believe she going leave with a real nigga , they can't put it down like I do.." I was already making my way through the damn crowd for him to catch these hands.

"Ayye y'all ain't together anymore man" Dennis held me back. "Girl been trying to get you to talk to her because she love you and all you keep doing is pushing her away .. What you do want man ? You wanna keep her and love her for the rest of your life or do you wanna end it for good . You can't not want her and not want her to be with someone else. Make up yuh mind and do it quick before she move on"

I dragged my hands down my face. I want her. No matter how hard life may get I want her. I want her to bear my children for the rest of my life. I want her to cuss me when I do something bad. I want her to love me all like she do now.

"I'll leave ya to think about it"

I didn't want to fight but the way he was watching me and the way he was holding my girl made me want to jump over this table and choke the living hell outta him.

I thought about everything Dennis said and he was right I need to know what I want. And I want her I want all of Mya. I wanna wake up in the morning and see her smile I want her to have my kids so that when I see them I see her I want them to have her personality.

But right now  I don't think I can bear with her being in the arms of another man specially him.

When I got my thoughts together there was this shift in the atmosphere. It was  the atmosphere that makes you shiver in fear. Something was going to go down and all I know was that Mya needed to get out. I didn't care who it was who's beef it was all I know I needed to keep My a safe. That's all I been trying to do from the jump I didn't want nothing to happen to her.

As I was heading to her side to get her from that brian  dude is when I realized who was in the building and I knew that it was going to go down who I was trying to protect Mya from was here.

I turn my head to signal dennis  he already saw what I saw.  I saw my boss heading to the back so I knew it was going to go down but tonight was not the night Mya was there and I didn't want her to get hurt. 

He came in with his whole gang, I definitely needed her to get out  rather she like me or not. I wasn't prepared for war right now. When he saw me I saw him smirk before raising his gun and aiming it at me . Thank God for crowds when the gun shot went off I ducked and ran over to Mya. Of course it was going to be hard now because everyone was running around.

I just kept my eyes on Mya because the plan was to get her out of here. Shawn must have some nerve coming into a rivals home and feeling that he'll win. When I caught up to Mya the 1 thing I've been wanting to do all night which is punch brian in the face is exactly what I did first.
"I been wanting to do that  since I first saw you"