the only chapter

it was a fairly normal day for the winchester bros and (y/n) minus the demons, blood, fighting, and angst. well, there was something bugging
(y/n). something pretty stupid, but valid. something you could only ask one person.
the devil himself.
(y/n) gathered all the things necessary to summon lucifer and put them in the correct bowl. dean turned the corner coming from the kitchen with a bottle of off brand beer he said was "generic but good". he noticed the 'ingredients' and knew exactly what they were doing. "(y/n) why the fuck are you
summoning lucifer? you do realize that he tried to kill us more than once and made sam go crazy, right?" dean asked with more than a hint of anger in his voice. "yes but i have a very important question to ask, ok? now get out of my ass." they replied with a snarky tone that was clear. dean couldn't think of a single scenario where lucifer could be an important asset to anything good. "i swear to god if it's anything either stupid or evil i will shoot both of you with the colt, understand?" dean basically yelled at (y/n). they grabbed the small almost empty matchbox, opened it and grabbed a match. "you ask a lot of questions." and with that witty remark, the bowl was lit with a drop of a flaming match. suddenly lucifer appeared leaning on the side of the doorway to kitchen, where dean had been moments ago. he had a devilish (ha) smirk on his face. dean was clueless as to where he was, being lucifer was behind him and jumped when he finally spoke. "hello kiddos. whatcha need ol' luci for?" lucifer spoke in a smooth voice with a dash of malice. "i have a question of utmost importance." (y/n) replied. out of the corner of their eye, they saw dean roll his eyes and slump on a nearby couch with a creak. lucifer gave a nod that said 'go ahead'. "okay, are you ready for this super deep question?" lucifer gave another nod, the shit eating grin beginning to fade. "are you su-" "YES JUST ASK THE FUCKING QUESTION." lucifer shouted angrily, his face contorting into a mask of anger anyone rarely sees. "ok damn. ok, so, when you sneeze, do i say bless you?"

there was a long and uncomfortable silence.
(y/n) looked around and saw dean pinching the bridge of his nose, lucifer looking like he was having a existential crisis, and sam, who overheard everything, trying his hardest not to laugh behind the staircase and give himself away.
"are you fucking joking (y/n)?"