1

Marinette woke up tired as ever. The night before was long and she got banged up from the particularly violent akuma. She looked around, and immediately perked up. She remembered that it was Adriens' 17th birthday. She had to give him his present this year, and she made sure that her name was on it. She even added a stitch piece on the inside that said 'From Marinette.'

She got dressed in her normal outfit, grabbed her bag, present, and then a croissant on the way out. Tikki sat in her bag as she ran to school happily.

Marinette ran into the classroom, and sat down in her seat above Adrien. He wasn't there, but Alya was.

"You remembered to sign it?" Alya asked once more.

"Yes. And I added a stitch of my name inside, not visible from the outside." Mari was so proud of herself. She said to herself 'Today is the day I give him the present and he'll finally notice me.'

A couple minutes of anxiety later, Adrien and Nino walk into the room, sitting their stuff down. Adrien looked a little down in the eyes. But Mari pushed on anyways. She leaned across the table, and tapped Adrien on the shoulder.

"H-Hey Adrien. Um. Happy Birthday." She said, not stuttering as much as she used to. Adrien turned around and smiled.

"Thank you." He smiled. Mari pushed the packaged present over to him.

"I-I got you a p-present. I-I made it myself." She nodded. Adrien took the wrapped piece.

"Thank you Marinette. You didn't have to." He thanked gratefully. He ripped the tissue paper off, and unraveled the article.

He held up an olive sweater with two thin white lines going across the chest. It wasn't very decorative, but it looked good.

"I-I know you d-don't usually wear flashy patterns, a-and I thought m-maybe you'd like a sweater since winter is starting back up. I know it's not the fanciest thing you own, b-but you don't have to wear it if you don't want to. A-Also I stitched my n-name on the inside just in case you forget w-who it's from." Mari stuttered out. Adrien smiled.

He got up from his chair, and surprised her. He hugged her. She nervously patted his arm since the hug was a bit awkward.

"Thank you Marinette. I love it." He said happily. Mari blushed even darker and nodded.

"I-I'm glad y-you like it." Mari was so excited. Thankfully no one noticed that she was shaking slightly. But it stopped when she heard a snide comment from the side.

"That color looks retched. Who would ever wear that color anyways?" Chloe sneered, laughing with Sabrina. That certainly took Mari down a peg.

"Well I love the color. I think it will bring out my eyes. What do you think Alya?" He asked, holding up the sweater.

"Your eyes do look brighter against the green. It suits your blonde hair as well." Alya agreed coolly.

Adrien smiled and folded it up carefully in the tissue, and placed it in her bag.

"Thank you again Marinette. It's the best present I've gotten." He thanked her once more. Mari just nodded with a furious blush on her face. The teacher walked into class, and started the lesson.

But all Marinette could think about what Adrien would look in the sweater.

Once class ended, the group of people went to their separate classes.

At the end of the day, everyone met up for gym. Marinette and Alya got changed in the locker room. The girls school gym uniform were navy blue boyshort bathing suit bottoms, and a tucked in white tee shirt. They wore the same white shirts as the boys.