Prologue: A Very Gay Shade of Blue

He. Was. Perfect.

An angel, some kind of God-given gift that the eyes of mortals were not meant to behold... His eyes sparkled in the way no one else's could, catching the light and reflecting them in little glimmers, perfectly framed by his wide-rimmed glasses. His smile was bright and beautiful as ever, his lips curled up in that perfectly dorky manner. His scarf wrapped loosely but elegantly around his neck, perfectly matching the one of the white bear he held in his lap. Everything about him from his tightly curled hair to his wide shoulders to the wisps of a beard still present on his face from a decently recent shave radiated warmth and happiness through my small phone screen.

I grinned and nearly giggled at how adorable he looked; golly, I swear, he somehow managed to get cuter with each new photo he sent me...

awww, oh my god!!!! you're so adorable dude!! great photo as always ;p
Guhbluh- thank you!! I mean i spent around 15 minutes on this stuff, i would at least hope you liked it-
i'm gonna love any photo you send me, dude♡

The conversation went on for around 20 more minutes, back-and-forths of "i love you"s and "i wish you were here"s amidst our soft, silly flirting before he'd suddenly stopped replying. Of course, I thought. The dorkus must've fallen asleep again...

I pulled my blanket up over my head and looked back at the photo, staring longingly at the face I knew I'd never be able to behold as closely as I hoped to... damn, I hated this stupid distance between us! Ever since Al and I had started talking, his eyes, his smile, his bubbly laugh, and most of all his simply perfect personality had been stuck in my everyday thoughts. Everywhere I looked, he was there, smiling back at me, teasing me for my messy hair, laughing when I laughed, giggling that adorable giggle whenever I did something particularly stupid... God, I loved him!

I finally shut my eyes, slowly drifting off, dreaming of all the wonderful things we'd do together once we finally met: holding hands in the rain; snuggling up to a terrible movie; laughing as I did some stupid shit that would require hours of cleaning, again... the works.

Fucking hell, I needed him.