Freedom to Love

I can still hear the monitors beeping, my family and friends still weeping, at the scene at the picture of the fifteen year old girl who thought she could give it a whirl.
The crying and broken dreams of those before the blur, who tried anything and everything to save her.
You drove her to be that girl in the hospital, while the doctors all said it'll, be impossible for her to survive...she died a quarter after five. You forced her to be there that night, while she tried to put up a fight. All that drove her to insanity, and even though I tried, she lost faith in humanity. I know you've always wanted to say, that you blame me for that god awful day. Now if you took a moment to listen to what I have to say, you would've known that every night I still pray.
Her lips, her blonde hair, the way she spoke, her words were so clear. I knew that our time together was drawing near, and I'm still wanting her here. Now please don't treat me like the plague, and I'll take a moment to be less vague.
I know you think love is only for the straight, but everything changed on that date. She wass gay and so was I, and still, you didn't let me say a last goodbye.
Now I don't hate you, only what you say, and I guess now I'll be on my way.
But one final request before I go, don't judge someone because they're a rainbow.
Those people might surprise you like me and your daughter did, so let them have their freedom to love, or god forbid....