Stranger

A/N: This is a Yugi and Yami story for my friend, @Lindsehkinz.

Love always begins with friendship. Try to enjoy it. C:

This is my frist (YugiXYami) Hope you like it...DON'T JUDGE ME! LOL!

_____________________________________________________________

The whole class sat at their desks impatiently as the clock hands ticked closer and closer to 3 o'clock PM. And soon the students around the room started to whisper the final count down, "10...9....8....7...6...5...4....3...,2...,1!" RRRIIINNNGGGG!

The school was dismissed for... "SUMMER VACATION!" Suzukan shouted for the top of his lungs.

Joey rolled his eyes at Suzukan who then stood up on a desk and started to dance.

"You're gonna run outta energy to actually do anythin' fun for break if ya keep that up," Joey said. Suzukan gave him a smug smile.

Joey rolled his eyes again and walked up to his good friend, Yugi.

"It's already summer!? Can you believe it!?" Yugi said smiling wildly. Joey gave a smile smile as the two boys walked out of the classroom and into the hallway entrance. "Yeah no kidding...." Joey said as he ran his fingers through his dark blonde hair.

"I seriously can't wait for some fun around here," Yugi said, opening the entrance door. Joey walked out and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah...well" Joey's voice boomed, "Yugi, looks like I'm heading home," Joey said.

"What-why?" Yugi raised an eyebrow.

"Have an interview for a job..." Joey pause stretching his head, "don't know if I'll get it though.." He smile gently chuckling to himself. Yugi gave a smile back, "Oh c'mon Joey have some faith..."

"Yeah well hopefully faith will get me a job.." Joey chuckled again as Yugi joined.

"Well, see ya later Yugi!" Joey said walking away.

"Bye Joey!" Yugi said waving.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yugi open the door to his home, "Well hello there, Yugi!"

"Hi Grandpa!' Yugi said. He threw his bag over the couch then flopped down. Staring at the ceiling.

"What's wrong, Yugi?" His grandfather asked as he approached his grandson.

"Oh...it's nothing..." Yugi waved his hand gesturing he was fine.

"Are you sure?" Grandpa asked again. eyeing his grandson that something was bothering him.

"Well...It's just that...summer is here and I well be bored all summer..." Yugi said dreading the days of solitude which has yet to come.

"Oh no, no,Yugi," Grandpa ensured him, "You have the whole summer! And who knows, there will be a time where one single event can change your life. It can be for the good or for the bad, but I'm not saying it'll be bad..."

And with that Grandpa was right. Soon with only a couple days later, Yugi's life changed when Yami came to town.

___________________________________________________________________

YUGI's POV

I awoken by the sound of bells singing a welcoming song from the downstairs door frame. I rubbed my eyes tiredly as I dragged myself up and out of my sleep. Grandpa was at his shop, I could tell from his familiar booming voice, "WELCOME". I like the sound of it. It was the only thing keeping me company during long, dragging days like this. I took a breath and twisted my torso and popped my back, I didn't know why I always loved the after feeling of it. I got dressed, wearing plain jeans and my sleeveless black shirt. I decided to not wear my millennium puzzle today, and only wear my spiked collar. I stood in front of my mirror and placed my millennium puzzle on my dresser. I looked at the boy in the mirror. He's so strange.