Chapter One

I've wanted to write this for a while. But i cant think of a title:( heres the first chappie maybe you can help me

Without a word, I had known it was time.
At 1:43 am, I felt my mother shaking me gently. I opened my eyes, knowing exactly why. Her emotionless face nodded towards my cousin Marielle, who was staying in the bed next to mine.

"Mari." I whispered, getting an immediate response from her. She looked at me with wide eyes, expecting this.

We quickly walked down the long, cold hall into my grandmother's room. Even though at first we didn't want to face the truth, now we had come to terms with it. My dying grandmother had never seemed normal. Always mysterious, telling us to "wait until". I had always wondered, "until what!" But in the past month, we both knew.

"Grandma," I said in a hushed tone. There she was, just as she told as she would be- clinging on to the fleeting last moments of life just to pass on the mystery information. She gave a smile, not showing that these may be her weakest seconds of her entire life. Her frail hands clasped around my fingers.

"Marielle. Danielle. I am ready." She said without a doubt.

"For what, Grandmother?" Marielle asked, releasing the tension hanging in the air.

She let out a small chuckle, then turned her expression serious. "You are destined to find it."

"Grandma, just please, what is it?" I urged, know that she was wasting the last opportunity for us to learn of our "destiny."

"I have a small chest," my Grandma began. "It's on my dresser, please bring it here, so I can explain." Marielle quickly retrieved the tiny box, and handed it to my mom's mother.

"In here, you'll find all the instructions that I don't have the time to explain. But remember this-" Her confident voice became a wispy tone.

"Don't stop, no matter what. If you do, all the traces of it will disappear, and two new children in a century will need to start from scratch."

Marielle's eyes, full of confusion, dashed to mine. She was practically speaking in hieroglyphics, and we didn't have much time.
"You need to find the.." Her voice trailed off into a weak cough.

"What is it, Grandmother?" My impatient cousin repeated.

Her eyes locked into ours, and she spoke her last words.

"The booty."

~~~
Told you this wasn't going to be any normal adventure book! Add to your library if you wanna find out how to find the booty!

Note:I imagine the cousins as Elle and Dakota Fanning.