Another Life Taken

I stood there, waiting, clutching my phone tight. I've gone through so many hurdles to get his number, surely, he can't bail on me now? Who am I kidding, there is no way this is going to work, he might just end up killing m-

I hear the door creak open, and a someone cursing under there breath, in the otherwise silent music room. I stood and watched as he walked his was over to me, his blond-fawn her messed up, and his blue icy eyes glinting like diamonds. For some reason, this made me feel terrified.

"What do you want?" He said with a glint of annoyence in his eyes, which otherwise showed no emotion.

I mustered some energy and spoke"Y-you have a gun right?"

"Yeah"

"Can I borrow it?"

"Why?"

" It's because-" I stopped, wondering if I should dare trust him. "because I want to-"

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

"It's Lunch, I'm afraid this discussion is over." He walked away showing no emotion at all.

"Wait! I can pay you! Please come back!" I screamed, but I was left alone in the empty music room.

I walked outside and sighed, why did I have to be so hopeless. It didn't work, and I have no plan B. I walked down the stairs heading to the cafeteria, when I heard a gasp. I sneakily looked around the wall to see Sara pinned onto a wall by Rick, the school's bully. She struggled to break free of his grip but It failed miserably.

"It's girls like you that I hate. Waltz into my dad's school and try to be the teachers pet and be needy. Just for that one shove? Hmmm... here a thought. How much do you like swimming?"

The helpless girl failed to answer his question, probably out of fear.

"I SAID DO YOU LIKE SWIMMING?" He shouted, the girl replied with a single nod going up to down.  "You don't like swimming? Oh, we will have a fun time at the pool then? All right? Don't worry, I'll show you where it is," He flashed a evil grin. He pushed his hand against her chest choking her,"Don't you dare tell ANYONE this, or, you will pay, UNDERSTOOD?"

She nods a 'yes' and says "Please let me go-o....." He drops her to the ground with a slam and left.

Sara burst out crying. She was mumbling something thing I couldn't catch, and I decided to comfort her. She was new after all.

"Sara? Are you okay? I saw what happened, It's common for him to do that. He is a murderer and a pervert, but  even if you tell on him he won't get detention, he is the Principle's son after all. C'mon, lets go to the cafeteria now." I picked up her blazer of her uniform which fell to the ground and gave it to her. She responded with a "Thank you"

We entered the cafeteria. Sara went off to sit by herself, probably to get over the shock of the threat Rick gave her. I looked around for a spot, until  saw one beside Glaze. He usually sits alone. I went over to him.

The only way to save Sara I thought is to kill the bully. he has murdered countless girls and sometimes even boys. yet he doesn't go to prison or something. We just need a way to pin the blame on him, which he somehow covers up. But, I and several other people want to kill him, after all, he should di-

"I didn't say you can sit there" Glaze said disapprovingly. I sat down anyway. "Glaze, meet me in the pool after school. please, someone is going to kill Sara. We need to save her!"

"What's in it for me?" Glaze said.

"How does a nice amount of money sound? 100 Bucks? How about something else that you want?"

"It's not money that I want. But fine, I will come to the pool afterschool, just message me and I'll be there." He stood up and left.

Perhaps, I might be able to do this after all

"Thank you!" I yelled out in the cafeteria.

***

I hid behind the slide, waiting for the Bully to come. The Bully came, dragging Sara along by her leg. Publicly. I messaged Glaze COME. TO. THE. POOL. NOW. I watched in horror as he pushed Sara into the deep end of the pool, then jumped in himself. He was saying something, but I was to far away to hear it. I saw him flash a evil grin.

He started chocking her, and pinned her arms and legs so she couldn't attempt to swim. Then he pushed her down onto the floor, pressing the weight of his body against her, until she turned a weird shade of purple. He let her go after a while, and she turned from purple do deathly white. He walked out with a satisfied grin.

After the coast was clear I went up to the water and pulled her floating body out of it. But it was already too late. Sara was dead.

I cried, cried so hard until there were no more tears coming out of my eyes. I had just let a life get killed right in front of me. I felt so guilty. If only Glaze had come with that stupid gun of his, If only I stepped out in the middle of the-

"I trust you."

Huh? Where did that come from?

"That's all I want to say."

It was Glaze.