Girl Undercover - Chapter 1

Grace Felipe III

I honestly don't know how long I've been locked in my room. My antique clock has run out of batteries, hence it feels like 5 hours ... Or more.

Everything was running tip top perfect, until mum took my hand and hurried me into my room.

"You shall stay in here until I open the door Grace," she had told me.

And that's all she told me.

What is happening in the kingdom, I'm unaware of. How it involves me, I'm also impatient.

I go to my window, and peer through the lacy red curtains. Our guards ran rapidly from left to right, shouting orders I couldn't quite make out.

I sat back down, patting out the wrinkles on my dress and sigh. This day was supposed to be special. Mum had prepared it well.

New red carpets ran down the middle of the throne room. The melodies of violins and pianos filled the ball room. It was all so beautiful, but turned to be a beautiful disaster.

I know I'm not going to look after the kingdom, but those family riches were rightfully in my name. Father had left them for me. Mother was only fulfilling his last wish for his princess.

Suddenly, the door clicked open and mum stepped in.

She was the most elegant women I've seen. Her dress reached to the floor and her hair was always perfect. Grandma taught her well. Now, mum's teaching me.

"Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry everything isn't going as planned, " She cried as she clinged onto me.

After comforting her, I looked at my mum. She had wrinkles. Not the old age kind, but the kind where she was stressed, and upset.

" Mum, please tell me what's going on," I pleaded.

My mum stood up and gave me her hand. I took it and she led me out of my room and into the hallway.

"All will be explained soon darling. But all I can say for now is, don't trust anyone in this Kingdom," She said.

"What about the ceremony? Is it going to resume?" I was filled with questions as we sped walked down twists and turns of halls.

Finally, we came to the room where all important matter was discussed secretly with high security outside the door.

Father's study

Mum and grandma Belle were already seated by the time I was out of my trance. The Royal assistant was at their side, pen and scroll in hand. Ready to take notes.

But all was quite. No one dared to begin until the last of our family member who was currently present in the kingdom arrived.

"We shall begin," Uncle Roberto proclaimed as he closed the door behind him.

Uncle Roberto was the younger brother of my father. After his passing, my uncle helped my mum look after the kingdom. He isn't King, but he's a part of the Royal family. That's enough to have people bowing their heads to him.

"The ceremony was about to begin when I got word from one of our guards that a theft of some sort was scheduled to go down," My mum explained.

"What kind of theft?" Grandma asked.

"A theft that involved Grace, and her name in the family riches," Mum said.

I looked up in shock. I was in danger today, and I hadn't realized what the consequences could have been till now.

"Well, the guards searched all the guests and the surroundings of the kingdom. Nothing out of place was found," Uncle Roberto said.

"For further protection of Grace, I've decided to bring in a specialized agent. He or she, they have not identified, will arrive soon from the U.S.A. This agent will not identify themselves immediately as they will be in disguise," Mum said.

My own personal agent. I couldn't believe my ears, it was like a dream come true. I hoped for them to be a boy, because I have never properly had a conversation with a male outside of my family. I blushed at the thought of a boy risking his life to come and save mine.

"Richard, you have this all written down correct?" Mum asked the Royal assistant.

***************************
How's the first chapter? :D

Comment, rate and follow !

~BabyGirl