Chapter 1

I was walking back home from a long day of school in my t-shirt, sneakers, and jeans. And I felt strange for a moment but I didn't bother to think of it. I turned the corner and walked up to my house. Most of the upstairs lights were off. I open the door slowly to see my mom in the kitchen cooking dinner. "Hi honey!" She said with a smile. I smiled back, waved, and went upstairs to put my stuff away. I dropped my bag beside the dresser and plopped myself onto the bed.

My mom called me to come downstairs after a few minutes to help her with dinner. I changed into more comfortable clothes and headed downstairs. As I walked down the stairs I tied my hair into a messy bun. I walked over to see her making some spaghetti and meatballs. "Yum!" I said standing next to her. "Can you make the greek salad while I continue to make the spaghetti?" She asked while handing me some vegetables for the salad. I grabed the cutting board from the top shelf and started to cut the tomatoes. "So. How was your day?" She asked. "It was good! But I have lot's of studying to do." I replied. "Ok then, after dinner, go upstairs and keep those grades up!" She said. "Ok I will." I put the lettuce and the vegetables in a bowl and started to mix them around with a spoon. I poured the dressing on and continued to mix.
Couple of minutes have past and we decided it was time to eat, it was just me and my mother. We finished up and put the leftovers in the fridge. "You go upstairs and study, I will finish up with the dishes." She said before she gave me a hugs. I huged her back.

I walked upstaires and turned the lights on. I took my binder out of my bag and started to study my history and math. I flipped through the pages trying my best to memorize everything. It was late and I was tired, so I closed my pale blue eyes gently and drifted off to sleep.

"Welcome to the soul asylum." A voice said repeating itself three more times. I woke up and rubbed my eyes. I was in a waiting room with other people but these people were odd looking. They looked a bit transpatent, and this one other person stood up and started to levitate. It looked like I was in some kind of hospital because I was wearing a hospital gown. And I was also transparent like everyone else. This was strange. Very. Strange. I looked around and stood up but I fell back because well levitating was harder than it looks. I tried to get up again and I wobbled over to the receptionist. "Hello I am Josephine, I was just wondering, where am I?" I asked the kind looking receptionist. She replied, "You're in the Soul asylum, dear." She smiled at me. "Come follow me" she said after she stood up from her chair and started to lead the way. "Why am I here?" I asked kindly. "There is something wrong with you, nothing bad though." She said.

"Here we are." She opened the door, I think it was my room, it had a hopital bed, some blankets, a pillow, a curtain to go around the bed, and a bathroom. "Just stay here and rest, think about your thoughts." She said as she derected me to the bed. I layed down and she left the room. A window was near by, I decided to look out, the only thing out there was a small patch of land with a fountain and a few benches, also there was a small garden out there. The rest of the world out there was white. Nothing. Beyond. I sat up thinking of my thought, because that's what the lady said. But what thoughts? I got up and was going to sneek out of the room.

Apparently it was night time there but it still looked like day from all the nothingness out there. Floating around, it was hard not to make noice. I bumped into a couple of things. Then fell over. I wiped my brown hair out of my face and standing there was a boy about my age. "Are you ok?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said with a smile. He put out his hand and helped me up. He had green eyes and dirty blonde hair. When I stood up my vision started to fade away, it went all blury. I woke up. From my desktop in my room. That was a weird dream, I said to myself, or was it a dream...