twenty nine ; grief

T W E N T Y N I N E ; G R I E F

'ill stay by your side for as long as you want me'

Scarlett shook her head as Jake explained to the pack that the red headed vampire was after Bella, of course she was

Scarlett shook her head as Jake explained to the pack that the red headed vampire was after Bella, of course she was. Her name was Victoria apparently and she was after Bella because Edward killed her mate, she was a strong believer in an eye for an eye. Of course the Cullens wouldn't finish the job, no they just up and left a giant mess for the pack to clean up after them. Scarlett, however, could empathize with Victoria, she wouldn't stop until she got vengeance against the person who killed Paul, but she'd rather kill the murderer over their innocent partner. And quite frankly Victoria had all the time in the world to kill Bella, and she hadn't yet making Scarlett believe this whole ordeal was fun to her, a game.

Scarlett despite her animosity towards Bella, instructed a patrol around her house to make sure she'd have some form of protection, most of the others agreed all but Jared and Paul who wanted nothing to do with the Swan girl for Scarletts sake that is. She was elated that the boys were taking her side on the matter, but due to their aversion towards her request she had to Alpha command them, Sam agreed.

The pack was exhausted, they chased after Victoria day and night and Scarlett had already missed 4 days of school which she dreaded catching up on. To make matters worse, while hunting for the vampire they had to dodge the multiple hunting groups that were casually strolling through the woods, Scarlett hoped to death that Victoria wouldn't get to them. Thankfully, Harry Clearwater made sure that there was a member of the rez with each group, so that they could cover up any signs of wolves in order to protect the pack secret.

The pack chased after Victoria as she ran through the woods, dodging the foliage, Scarlett biting as soon as she got close only to rip off a piece of her shirt. She mentally cursed as she continued her pursuit until they reached the edge of the cliff, Victoria diving off the edge like it was a swimming pool.

"Damn it!" Scarlett muttered glaring down at the small splash the vampire left, knowing she didn't ever need to come up for air. She was gone, they had lost her again.

Thankfully Scarlett had stashed a simple outfit of cut off jean shorts and a sports bra just a bit away from her current location, so she left the ranting Jacob behind who was going on and on about how they should have been faster and how they could have gotten her if they did this, and that. Scarlett had about enough of his bitching at the pack, Sam gave him the choice to take over as Alpha and he denied it now he had to deal with being a beta and not able to make up the rules. They were trying the hardest that they could, hell Scarlett hadn't gotten any sleep for the last few nights and while Paul tried to take over her patrols for her--which she didn't allow-- he hadn't gotten sleep either.

Scarlett quickly changed into the clothes after shifting back into human form, the thoughts from the other wolves around the woods still echoing in her mind. Right before she was going to shut the link off, she heard a thought from Sam that made her freeze,