Chapter One - Introduction

Nightmare walked through the portal, finally free of his realm. He paused as he adjusted to the light of the sun, which he hadn't come into contact with for three years.

"I don't remember it being so bright," he grumbled.

Dream and Blueberry sat at a table, discussing what to do about Nightmare having the ability to once again walk outside of his own realm.

"Hey guys," a girl said shyly as she walked into the room. They didn't seem to notice her.

"I know, Blue," Dream started. "But we have to do something about him!"

"What in the name of the stars are we going to do?! You're the one who banished him in the first place," Blueberry shouted. "Why can't you just do it again?!"

"It isn't nearly that simple!"

"Really? It sure seemed simple when we were 16!" Blueberry crossed his arms. The girl seemed shocked that her teammates were fighting.

"Dream..? Blueberry..?" She whispered under her breath. She had just started her sophomore year of high school, so she barely got time to come join the team, as she enjoys her schoolwork and studies almost the entire weekend, worried about pop quizzes.

"Blueberry, we were teenagers, we were irresponsible. We just wanted our way, and that place completely corrupted him!"

What place corrupted who? The girl asked silently.

"It's not my fault you basically sent your brother to hell! It was your idea in the first place. We didn't know that the Nightmare Realm would corru-"

"GUYS!" The arguing teammates looked at her.

"Oh, uh, Ink..." Dream addressed her. "Sorry about that, we were, uh..."

"You have a brother?" Ink asked the question without thinking.

"Uh, heh heh, yeah... About that..."

"He kind of... well..." Blue didn't know how to explain it.

"Kind of what?"

"He kind of wants to kill Dream and me..."

"W-what? Why?!"

"Because we sort of banished him to the Nightmare Realm when he was twelve... And now that it's been three years," Blue started.

"The spell we used to banish him... It kind of wore off..." Dream finished.

"So... We have an enemy?" Dream and Blue both nodded. "Oh, my stars... This isn't going to end well..."

Author's Note: Thank you guys so much for deciding to take time out of your life to read this story, it means a lot to me! Also, quick note: in this story, all of the characters are humans... Because I wanted to throw a twist in and make Ink a girl... And I imagine a female skeleton with hair when I try to picture a female Ink sans... So I decided they were going to be humans for this reason. The art of the design for each character will come soon(hopefully), and will be posted in this story. Hey, maybe I'll draw a picture of Dream and Blueberry sitting in the background of the cover dumbfounded as Ink and Nightmare hold hands(for the cover). However, this will only happen if I can keep up my grades in school and I don't procrastinate when drawing them.