The day I wished I had died........

I was sitting next to my only friends left the rest had sadly gone. The waves were crashing againest the sides of the metal boat rocking it from side to side. At first all i could hear was the crashing of waves until we drew nearer. There was the faint sound of gunshot. It grew louder and louder until finally it was drowning the sounds of the peaceful waves. I then realised we had stoped. Then the creaking sound of a hinge needing oil echoed through my ears. I turned to see the metal door lowering down. Once the door had came down fully i ran out as fast as i could to find cover with the rest of the men. The sound of bullets hitting the boat and the cries for help were not helping me concentrate. I could smell the saltly sea water which was a bloody red creaping out to sea with many young soliders bodies accompaning it. Many of those bodies will never be seen again. I could also smell the burning of the grenades and bodies the smell was vile. My ears were starting to hurt now i was almost at the point of running out and being shot but i stayed were i was. My hands were becoming numb with the cold smoky atmosphere but i could still feel the gritty wet sand sticking to me and the cold metal of my gun on my hands and againest face. After about an hour or so we managed to gain control of the German watch tower and by now many other German soliders had surrendered. But just at the point in time i heard someone screaming my name i turned round to see one of my bestest friends lying there with blood pouring out of him, i ran to him when i got to him he gave me a necklace and told me never to give it away. By the time i tried to help it was to late he had gone like many of the other brave young soliders that day. I never did throw away that necklace infact im holding it right now. I'll never forget that day, its still in sharp detail in my mind  and the sounds and sights still haunt me.