Beneath the Dazzling Moon

You're there, always been here
So close yet not near
An inch away but couldn't hear
You're my agony where I fear

I closed the book after I read those painful lines. In the end the protagonist and her prince didn't end up together. I sighed as I recall the story when someone taps my back.

"Raila. You've been reading that kind of book again? I don't really get why you want tragic stories." She seems really frustrated with her voice.

"They're awesome Kenne. The ending wasn't really that tragic. You just have to figure it out." I smiled at her frowning face.

"So you're saying it's a vague story afterall?" She did it. She raise an eyebrow. A totally confuse gesture of hers this time.

"You can say like that but its really not like that. Well so much for that. Why are you here by the way? Anything you wanna say or let me rephrase it. Anything you wanna ask for favor?" Now its my time to raise an eyebrow with my grin. 

"Hehe you caught me there. Well I just wanna ask you to go with me in this party. Mom wouldn't allow me to go without you. We've been bestfriend since elementary and she trust you that much. Pretty please Raila. I badly want this event. My favorite artists are there too." Oh no! Not with those puppy look please.

"Not with that look Kenne. I won't bite that pitiful look of yours. You know how I hate parties and crowd. I even wonder how we had this complexity with this opposite attitude of ours." Disbelief is written all over my face. 

"But this is a big event. I can't just let it pass like that. Please just this once. After this I promise I wouldn't bother asking you a favor like this again. I just badly want my favorite artists signature." She totally ignore my disbelief look huh. 

I let a big sigh out as I slowly nod.

"Ok. Just this once ok? And I have my condition too." Yeah probably I should have one. I'm not going to spoil her that much even if i love this brat.

"What condition?" She smiled excitedly that makes my heart burst in happiness. Oh! God knows how much I can’t say no to her requests.

"I'll look after you but not within the crowd. I'll stay isolated but you have to promise me you'll be just in my range." I finally stated the condition. It's for the both of us anyway.

"I promise." With her wide sweet smile? Yeah I'm already solve.

It was that night when that party happens. As what we have talked I stayed isolated. I looked for a place to stay where I can still see Kenne. It was a garden party after all. I found a tree under the dazzling moon. I sat under the tree and open my book.

Just watching you a far
Would heal all these scar
Maybe I can't make you mine
But I know I'll be fine

"Will I really be fine?" I said as I watched the moon. "When you're as far as this dazzling moon Adrie." I added unconsciously.

"Did I really hear my name?" Said by a familiar voice.

I slowly turned my head at my back wishing it wasn't him. But yet I failed.

"A--Adrie?" I said stuttering with my surprise.

As I get back to my senses I get up and started running away from him.

This is embarrassing. Really embarrassing.

I need to get out of here.  But what about Kenne? Well I'll just text her later. I know she'll understand.  The most important thing right now is that I need to get out of this place.  Far away from this embarrassment. Oh crap! I even run. I just made the obvious.

My head is full with these thoughts when a hand grabs my arm. Those hands pull me closer to him and hug me tight.

I could feel him catching his breath. I can hear his heart beat so fast. This familiar scent sends shiver down to my system. I know it was him. No. This couldn't be but it is indeed!

"Why are you running?" He said while still catching his breath. I was facing his broad chest. This man. How i miss this voice.

"Why are you asking me after hearing those embarrassing words?" I rolled my eyes to cover my shame and boost my confidence. I have to act normal. I have to! But still I can't move or was it just that my body got frozen with this feeling. I mean he's so damn close to me. An air can't even pass between us.

"Did I got you scared Raila?" Now he's looking straight to my eyes with those worried look while holding both of my shoulder with his hands.

Please don't let him notice how bothered I was with his presence.

"No it’s nothing. I need to go home now." I look at the other direction. If I'll continue seeing those eyes, I might melt in front of him.

"What you said earlier. Was it true?" I look at him with wide eyes. That was straight from him. This is no good. >.

"Just forget about it Adrie." I looked away trying to sound like it was just nothing. Like he just misheard it.

"How will I forget about it? If it’s the only chance I have just to have you." He was serious. No he can't be but those eyes are full of sincerity.

I was about to say when I heard Kenne's voice gasp. I know he knew Kenne was there too. Maybe she just did arrived base on her reaction.

"Beneath the dazzling moon
Lay awake a man waiting
Never thought it'll happen so soon
That fate will come granting

A request disheveled by fate"

After he said those words he starts walking away from me again. Till no shadow of him was shown.

I look up at the sky and smile as I said 

"Beneath this dazzling moon
Where it'll all perish so soon"

---------------------------------------------------

(c) March 2014