Carter

Chapter 1

The world is different. Everyone in this big, huge universe is different. There is always some type of reason why we all need to stay alive. But then again, it takes a lot of force and pressure to not stay alive. Love needs to be wanted, and being wanted should be our biggest desire. Somehow our deepest fear isn't just not being wanted, but it also depends on how many people you're not wanted by.

"Carter, please pay attention in class!" my English teacher, Mr. Anderson shouted at me.

I was looking out the window, staring at the rain falling from the clouds. He took me by surprise for a second. I really didn't feel like coming to school today. To be honest, I didn't even want to come to school at all.

Everyone in the classroom started chuckling. "You have to know this in order to past your test this Friday, Mr. Mahone." Mr. Anderson said as he pointed at the white draw/erase board.

"Yeah, I'm sure that you don't wanna be a dumber prick than you already are!" a random jock said in class.

The class laughed once more as I looked down, playing with my fingers. Yep, gotta love Hillsdale High School in San Antonio, Texas. HA, more like Hellsdale High School in San Antonio, Texas.

The bell rang as everyone gathered their belongings and headed out the door. I was the last one to leave out of the classroom.

"Wait just a second, Carter." I knew who it was. I slowly turned around and walked up to Mr. Anderson.

"Are you all right? You seem to be slacking off of your grade somehow." he asked concerned. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I usually do great in English class. I love to read and especially write about things. He knew that something's up.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just need to try harder I guess." I mumbled.

"You usually do really well in class. I mean, you have very terrific grammar and your tests grades were excellent but somehow... you're not giving it your best." he said as he pushed his glasses back on the bridge of his nose and smoothes his light grey mustache a little.

"I know, I just need to pay attention more." I faked a smile. Who am I kidding? I've already get enough attention from everyone else in this pointless school.

"Okay, I really hope you do." Mr. Anderson nodded. I nodded back as I walked away from him.

I'm happy that this school day is over. It's just that every single day in school seems to be worthless for me. I've never liked the saying of 'Oh guys will be guys' or 'girls will be girls' because we all should know better at what we do. But as of right now, none of that matters anymore.

Walking in the hallways of this ignorant school usually puts things in slow motion to me. People would laugh obnoxiously, yell across the whole school, push or shove and even make out in front of the lockers. Every day I have to wake up to the exact same people, doing the exact same thing while nothing ever seems to change. I really wish that something would change in this place called "Hillsdale High School."

I made it to my locker as I gather my things together. I took a glance at my Michael Jordan poster. He's someone that I can look up to. I've played basketball on my spare time and I absolutely love his really dope Jordan shoes. It must be nice to have a dream come true. I highly doubt that something like that will ever happen to me, but its whatever I guess.

"Hey man, ready to head out?" a guy with glasses and a medium length haircut asked me as I closed my locker.

"You bet, man." I nodded as we walked out of school.