(Happy Birthday, Faith! ILY!!)

A/N: Prepare for a really awkward and badly written fanfic. See end of chapter for more notes. 

Oh and also reader isn't really taking Belle's place? This is almost an AU but this is also a one shot so I don't have to explain anything lol. But feel free to correct me when my story makes zero sense b/c I would like this to at least make a lick of sense!

Also @ Faith: ayy remember when I said I would write this for you like half a year ago? I promise I wasn't lying XD I finally finished it! :3

Anyways let's begin!

"Hello? Is anybody in there?... I'm looking for my friend."

Little snowflakes dusted the hood of a young girl's coat as she peaked through the doors of a castle. The girl was exhausted and chilled to the bone from the long hours of searching for a friend in the snow storm. This friend of hers had been missing all day. Sure, it was common for such a curious friend to spend most of their time in the woods, finding gifts from Mother Nature to add to their collection, but they would never be out past nightfall, and a snow storm had appeared out of nowhere, so they'd be lost for sure. Not to mention extremely cold.

The (hair colored) girl stepped up and decided to go look for them. She got on her horse and rode into the forest, hoping her friend would be found above the snow. She spotted a tall castle in the distance. Hopefully they took refuge in there...

After waiting for a bit, the girl finally decided to let herself in the foreboding palace guarded by numerous gargoyles. She carefully closed the door. Uh oh. Bad idea. It was so dark in there, she could barely see her own hand in front of her face! Isn't there some way to light up this place without tripping over anything?

Suddenly, the interior of the castle lit up.

Oh.

That works.

It was still dark but it was much easier to see the marble interior. Pillars held by gargoyles(geez, how many gargoyles are in this castle?) and a red carpet with a gold trim led up to a wide staircase.

The girl's (eye color) eyes widened in wonder. This place was beautiful! What time period was this made? It almost looks like Baroque. 

The girl  tuned in to some voices further in the castle. They were too far for her to tell where they were coming from, but they both sounded like they came from males.

Arguing males.

She tried looking around the castle to see if the voices would increase in volume. After searching for not longer than two minutes, she found that the sources of the voices came from an open room to the left of the castle. But when she looked inside, the room was empty! Well, besides the candelabra and clock conversing on a table- HOLD ON WHY ARE A CANDELABRA AND A CLOCK TALKING?

"GAH!" The girl shouted, startled by the presence of living objects. What kind of castle is this?!

"AHH!" screamed the two objects, who almost seemed more surprised by another's presence than the girl did.

"Oh, look, Lumiere. Now you've gone and done it again!" The clocked complained in a British manner, motioning to the scared girl in front of the them. "Had you just kept quiet and not lit up the castle, the girl would have just gone home! Now we have two lost girls." The clock pointed two fingers up in the air and shoved it in the candelabra's face. Wait, did he say two lost girls? Could the other girl be her friend?

The candelabra pushed the clock's hand out of the way and folded his metal arms and began to speak in a thick French accent(1). "Well, we couldn't have just left her out in the cold. Show some hospitality, Cogsworth!"