Untitled Part 8

"Blaze. Blaze, wake up."

Carmen was at the side of Blaze's bed, shaking her lightly. She hadn't told Blaze about her plan to escape before, so Blaze was entirely confused on why she was being woken up in the middle of the night. 

"Mrrfff... Carmen...?" Blaze blinked open her eyes, sitting up. "What is it...? It's late! What are you doing up?"

Carmen blinked back at her with yellow stilted eyes. "Escaping."

Blaze frowned slightly, not sure if she should take Carmen seriously or not. "Are you sleepwalking again?"

"No." Carmen said bluntly, poking Blaze's shoulder. "Come on, you're coming with me."

"Carmen..." Blaze frowned a bit more, nervously looking at Carmen's eyes. "Why...?"

"Because I'm done with being here. It's noisy and dark and I miss home." 

"I think it's kinda nice...?" Blaze offered, grinning uneasily. "I mean, we get our own room and everything?"

"Don't you miss home too?"

"Well..." Blaze rubbed the back of her neck. "I-I guess..."

"And it's not your fault you're here."

Blaze whimpered, flinching back. That fact was right. She had been shipped off here because she was caught using her animus power. They thought there was something wrong with her.

And, there really was.

"Y-yeah..." Blaze sighed, rubbing her eyes. "But... I'm still safe here. If we leave... Who knows what'll happen to us? They could come after us, or-or..." Blaze hesitated.

"Or we could kill everyone on our way out," Carmen grinned. "I like that plan."

Blaze flinched. "Why, though? There's no point in that!"

"Yes, there is. Gets rid of any witnesses. No one would come after us then, if they know it wasn't us. When we make it to the forest, we'll be safe. No one would look there."

"Someone might..." Blaze mumbled, looking away. "And when they find us... What then? You've killed so many people; they're sure to execute you!"

Carmen groaned. "Blaze, stop worrying so much! It'll be fine. Don't you want to be free?"

"Y-yes, but-"

"Then let's go!"

Carmen heaved Blaze off of her bed while she gasped, pulling back. "B-but-!" Blaze fought with Carmen while she tried to pull her out of the room. "Why do you need me? Just go by yourself!"

"No. You're my friend. I'm not leaving you."

Blaze sighed, giving up and letting Carmen guide her along the hallways quietly. "You're lucky I can't use my powers..." She whispered, frowning.

"You'll thank me later."

Blaze was about to argue, then hesitated. She sighed, keeping quiet.

"We're almost there!" Carmen whispered, sounding excited. Blaze thought she sounded insane. Had she gone mad?

Blaze had distracted herself with her thoughts and had missed a step, tripping with a loud scream and thump.

Carmen gasped, falling to her knees to help Blaze up while glancing around. But no one came. Carmen sighed in relief, helping Blaze up all the way.

"Sorry," Blaze mumbled, her gaze falling to the floor.

"It's fine, Blaze. No one's come to confront us, anyho-"

She was interrupted by a loud siren, growing loud throughout the complex.

"What's that?!" Blaze panicked shaking.

"They've found us out." Carmen answered swiftly, glancing around.

"I'm going to die, I'm going to die..." Blaze mumbled, gripping her head.

"No, you're not." Carmen grinned. "They are."

Dozens of people started to surround them. Blaze and Carmen recognized many of them as their teachers and guardians.

Blaze gripped onto Carmen's arm, shaking rapidly. "Please don't kill them..." She whispered.

"What other choice do we have?"

Blaze sighed, and didn't reply, burying her head into Carmen's shoulder.

Carmen smirked, snapping her fingers. The people behind them fell, dead. The rest flinched, backing away slightly.

"How-"

"Didn't know?" 

She turned to them, smirking. 

"I'm half dream demon."

ok im done for today i'll make more i prOMISE

hope you like it