Sophomore, where it all started

Great. New school. No friends. Just what I needed.

Camila was nervous. It didn't help for the fact that she has anxiety, and she's currently trying to find her classroom. Many thoughts were swarming in her head, most of them were don't fuck up or embarrass yourself.

"Hey, are you okay?" A voice disturbed her thoughts.

Camila looked up and saw green eyes eyeing her. She felt a lump in her throat and swallowed it, she then took a deep breath and tried to answer. Her mind went blank and instead she quickly nodded making the other girl giggle. She has a cute giggle.

"I'm Lauren. Lauren Jauregui." The green eyed girl put out her hand signifying a handshake. Camila quickly shook her hand and nervously said. "I-I'm Camila. C-Camila Cabello." Lauren nodded and smiled at Camila. Wow. She also has a cute smile.

"Here, let me see your class schedule card and I'll show you around." Camila shakily gave her the card. Truth be told, she was also awkward at making friends, maybe that's why she's still nervous around the new friend she has made. "Look's like we both have the same first period. C'mon let's not make Mr. Reid wait." Lauren held Camila's wrist and dragged her to their first period.

Time slowed down for Camila. In front of her is a pretty girl, with a pretty smile. Even if they were going to class it looks like the green eyed girl was having fun with the brown eyed girl. It was in that moment. She felt like she gained a friend, and she fucking knows that she's infatuated with her now.

***********

Lunch time came for Camila. She quickly looked around the cafeteria to see if she can see her new friend (maybe even crush). "Hey Camila!" A voice called her out gaining her attention.

She quickly saw Lauren with a blue eyed boy and a brown eyed boy who looks very familiar. "Camila, this is Louis, and Zayn. They're also new students here." Camila looked both Louis and Zayn intently and then remembered. "Louis? Louis, my book buddy? Zayn? Zayn the cookie monster?" Both of the boys looked shocked. "Wait a minute. Karla Camila? The girl who was my book buddy? Oh my god it is you!" Louis happily exclaimed. "Camila! It is you! The girl who always gave me cookies!" Zayn said while flashing a genuine smile. The three of them engulfed in a group hug.

"Okay what's happening?" Lauren asked breaking their moment of reunion. "Lauren, Camila is our childhood friend. We went to the same school back in 3rd grade. Wow who would have thought that we would meet here again!" Louis excitedly said.

Lauren silently looked at the reunited friends. "Lauren, are you okay?" Camila asked. Lauren put out a thin lipped smile and nodded. The raven haired girl silently sighed while the three continued to chat.

***********

Few weeks later. Camila confirmed to herself, that she indeed has feelings on the green eyed beauty and it's slowly growing everyday.

Fuck. Fuck why all of the people her?

Camila paced back and forth in her room, thinking of ways on how to stop her feelings for her best friend. She can and will make it stop, she doesn't want to ruin this and possibly end their friendship. She's the first friend she ever had in this new school.

Camila's ringtone was suddenly blasting and the quiet tense atmosphere almost disappeared. Almost. Why almost? Because the person calling her was Lauren, and she suddenly felt like she has 200lbs of weights on her shoulders.

"Hey L-Lauren." Nice Camila. She'll now know something is up. You gotta ruin everything don't you? "Hey Camz. What's wrong?" Camila took a deep breath. "Nothing's wrong Laur. Don't worry."