Smiles

Smiles

By B.C.S

*AUTHOR NOTE*

Just thought I'd say before you start to read that most of my stories are completly different from each other. Even though I may use the same characters or names more than once, they're different people. I'll say if they are part of the same story. 

Thanks for understanding!

Remember to comment!

B.C.S

P.S Most of the things I write about are real :)

Ria soared around the rink as slow as she could. Her meaning of slow was most people's normal speed. She knows she could probably skate faster than anyone she knew, she just wasn't bothered to go any faster than a careless shuffle. She was still in part of her school uniform, just the stripped blue T-shirt, which was crinkled and ruffled looking, like she wouldn't care less if it got dirty. Out of the corner of Ria's chocolate brown eyes she spotted a shadow watching, almost hidden in the empty bleaches. Ria smirks in a confident, almost cocky way as she starts to skate faster, throwing herself, for the first time in many years, around the silent rink faster and faster, until her legs are a blurr and her every movement seems powerful and yet full of predatory grace. She seems like a cheetah, her speed is crazy. Ria notices the person stepping out of the darken shadows timidy to watch as Ria ignored them, clearly showing off. Her straight black hair flying around her as she flew around the rink a few more times before gradually slowing down, breathing slightly harder than before. "You know, as scary as I look, I think I'm pretty nice." She chuckles, yelling out to the person as she stopped easily in front of the bleeches,  her voice echoing a thousand times in the empty rink. She hisatated, curious about the person before skating up in a silky manner, closer to the wall. "Who are you?" She tilts her head slightly, the playful expression of a cat on her features as she frowns. "N-No one.." The clearly female voice stammers almost nervous as Ria laughed softly. "I'm not scary. Come here..." The voice is silent before timidly creeping from the shadows out to meet Ria.

Velvet has gentle olive eyes, flawless pale skin and always looked calm. She is thin and perfect, looking like a doll made out of China. She has long wavy brown hair that contrasted well with her gorgeous eyes. Ria held back a gasp of shock. She's beautiful. Ria frowned thinking how familiar she looked before smiling in a cheeky way. "I'm Ria, you are?" Velvet shuffled on the spot feeling petrifed and so awfully shy that someone like Ria was even talking to her. She blushed lightly and managed to squeak 'Velvet' before glancing at the ground. "Thats a unique name, its pretty." Ria smiled and her eyes seemed to spakle too, you can tell she was genuinly nice and trying not to scare Velvet off. "Do I know you? I swear you look familiar...Do you go to my school?" Velvet shrugged slightly feeling embrarassed, knowing that she went to the same school as Ria and she'd always been so fascinated by her. Ria seemed...Confident, different. Sure, she is popular but she wasn't like the other Populars. She is popular because she was seemed so forgiving and generous and people really did like her. She had also made Velvet wonder if she was really Straight after all. Velvet had once watched Ria help take a new junior to her classroom, even though it was completly in the opposite side of the school and more than once Ria had given her own money for what appeared to be random students who just asked. 

Ria watched Velvet for a second before coughing softly and backing away a little, realising she was staring at Velvet and probably creeping her out. What had gotten into her? "So..What are you doing here? Do you skate?" Ria asked instantly, the only thing she could think of saying as Velvet shock her head looking even more embarassed. At that moment Ria decided she liked it when Velvet blushed. It was cute. "To be honest...I heard from one of the teachers you were a really good skater and I was just...Curious I suppose." Velvet admitted feeling like a stalker. Ria laughed cheerfully and shook her head quickly, a almost sad smile on her face. "Well, I haven't skated in awhile. Not in front of anyone." Velvet was tempted immediately to ask 'why' but held her toungue before she could blurt the words. But Ria could basically figure out what Velvet had wanted to ask. "Because I'm so self concious, and exspecially after I had a minor accident that involved surgry, I got more self concious."  Velvet raised her eyebrows staring at Ria in disbelief. Ria. Ria Whicks (The Alpha of the school!) saying she was self concious. No way. Ria smiled another award winning smiling but you can hear in her words that it was upsetting her. "Its hard to believe right? I'm really just so alone and confused. You know what I mean...?" At that moment Velvet's heart ached, she knew exactly was Ria meant and felt like screaming at her 'Yes! I get it!'. But she was to shy to do so. Ria is silent for a second then she sighed wrily. "I have no idea why I'm telling you all these things all of a sudden. I barely know you...I hope we get to know each other better." Velvet nodded slowly, unable to contain the excitement and a small smile crept onto her features. Oh yes. Ria also decided she liked it when Velvet smiles too.