Haunted Railroad

Gabby's P.O.V

I watched out the window as my brother Gabriel drove the car. We were headed to a new town away from our abusive parents. I looked over at my brother. Gabriel and I looked a lot a like. We could pass as twins if I wasn't four years younger. We looked nothing like our parents though. Both Gabriel and I had dirty blonde hair while our parents had dark hair. We both also had dark blue eyes that if the light hit them just right, it would have the same color as if you would look at the sky on a clear cloudless day. Gabriel must have felt me looking at him because he looked over at me. "What?" He asked while going back to look at the road. "Nothing," I replied. "Just thinking about why we look nothing like our parents." Gabriel looked at me again. He didn't say anything. He just stared at me before continuing to watch the road. It was after midnight when we arrived to a small town where I concluded that we'd be staying since Gabriel pulled into a motels parking lot. "This is where we will be staying until I save up enough money to buy us a house," Gabriel said. "Is that okay?" That was one thing I liked about Gabriel. He always asked my opinion before doing something. I smiled and nodded my head yes. I was way too tired to do anything else. I didn't realize I fell asleep until I felt Gabriel carry me and lay me down on something very comfy. Before my mind could register what it was, I had already fell back to sleep. I felt the warm sunlight on my face and smelt the delicious smell of bacon and eggs. I opened my eyes and sat up. Gabriel was over at the small table wearing blue jeans, a white t-shirt, and his black tennis shoes while eating breakfast. He looked up at me as I climbed our of bed. I finally realized what I was lying on was a bed. Gabe and I had never had a bed we always had to sleep on the floor. I went over to Gabe, and he handed me a plate full of bacon and eggs. "Uh... Gabriel?" I said. "I'm not going to be able to finish this." "Don't worry," he said. "Just eat what you can. We can save the rest for later." I sat down and started eating. We never got to have this much to eat. Sometimes we even went a couple days without eating. So Gabe and I didn't like to waste food. "After you're done eating," Gabe said. "Take a shower." "Okay," I replied. "But why?" "We are going to go enroll you in school-" Gabe cut himself off when he saw the horrified look on my face. "Don't worry, I'm sure youd like it and make some friends. I liked school before Mom and Dad took me out." I've never been to school. Gabe used to teach me, but then our Dad got me a tutor, and let me tell you, she wasn't very nice to me at all. "Why can't you teach me again?" I asked. "I got to find a job and save up money," Gabe said. "I won't have time to teach you anything." He thought for a minute. "How about you go to school for now and see how you like it? If you don't, when I save up enough money so I don't have to work so much, then we will see about me teaching you." "Okay." I agreed while finishing my breakfast. When I was done with all I could eat, I picked out some clothes, which consisted of ripped blue jeans, a light blue t-shirt, and my black Converse. Then I went into the bathroom to take a shower.

As we drove through the town, I found out that we were in Emerald, Texas. It wasn't a very big town, mostly old buildings. When we got to the high school, I was surprised. It wasn't very big. I glanced over at Gabe and he was already looking at me. "Do I have to?" I asked. "Please don't make me." "I am sorry, but you have to." Gabe said looking away, turning off the car and getting out. I reluctantly followed behind. As we walked towards the office, everybody turned to watch us. I cringed and hid behind Gabriel. While Gabe filled out the paperwork, the counselor took me on a tour of the school. We went down seven hallways, all of which had only five classrooms on either side. The first hallway, which consisted of the office, the counselors' offices, and the ISS rooms, was where we were. The second hallway we went down was where she said I'd find the encore classes for the eighth and ninth graders. The next hallway was where their classrooms were. After she showed me the hallway, we went down the hallways for the tenth and eleventh graders encore and classes. The last two hallways were for the seniors. Next, she showed me where the cafeteria and gym were. They were in the middle of all the hallways.