one

snow fell in flurries around phil, sprinkling his dark hair with white dots. the air was cold and crisp, and every time he breathed, little white puffs formed in front of his face. people walked by quickly. they were trying to get back to their homes before the storm picked up.
phil didn't have a family to get home to. he didn't have a mom making him a cup of hot cocoa, or a spouse to cuddle under a blanket and watch the storm with. phil was alone. and that's why, instead of walking with the crowd of people to get home, he walked in the opposite direction. he walked rather slowly, taking in his surroundings.
phil had always loved snow. summer time in england was unbearable, as his flat did not have any a/c. not to mention his pale complexion caused him to turn into a flaming hot cheeto™ after five minutes in the sun. but, phil felt that there was something romantic about winter too. maybe it was the fact that basically every romance scene he'd seen had had snow falling in the background, or maybe it was just that having someone to keep you warm while everything else was cold warmed phil's heart. 
phil stopped in the center of the sidewalk. people huffed and brushed past him, annoyed by the fact that he had stopped in the middle of the fast-moving crowd.
phil looked ahead at the flashing "open" sign hanging in the front window of a coffee shop. he pushed the door open, snow and cold air temporarily filling the small shop while he trudged in. he pushed his hood off his head, shaking his hair out. his eyes swept over the room, falling on the only other customer there: a thin, brown-haired, brown-eyed boy. the boy's hair fell in a curled swoop across his pale forehead. phil immediately noted the sparkly grey nail polish coating the boy's nails, and the Attack On Titan jumper that hugged his torso. phil forced his eyes from the boy, realizing that he has been staring for way too long.
he walked up to the front counter and ordered his drink, glancing back at the boy quickly. this time they made eye contact, and phil felt a small smile forming on his lips, but the boy had already looked away. phil took his seat a couple tables away, mindlessly sipping on his coffee as he scrolled through tumblr.
nearing the end of his drink, phil looked again at the booth where the boy had been, but he was no longer there. phil sighed quietly, and decided it was time to head home.