January 1st, 2017

Dear Diar-no, that's stupid. Dear journ-no, still stupid. Dear journal my mom bought me for Christmas and expects me to use, my name is Sam. I'm nonbinary and bisexual and 13 years old as of September 2nd of last year. I'm also very, very annoyed that my mom seems to think I need somewhere to "Write down my feelings." Well, my current feelings are pissed off and grumpy. So there. My two little brothers didn't get feelings journals for Christmas, they got Legos. I got this and the new Marksman book. At least the book is good so far. Leximus and Kindra are fighting over whether they should go past the High City or go through the Kings Mountain to rescue Ulren, and Vernil is doing her best at ruling the kingdom. I hope they go past the City, because the last time they tried to go through the Mountain, Ulren almost died of chillsickness. Anyways, I need to walk Edgar, so I'll write more when I get back.

I met a new kid down the street while walking Edgar. She seems pretty nice. Her name is Wendy, and she has two cats named Roxie and Velma, like the characters from Chicago. I told her Edgar was named after the character from Ragtime, and she seemed super excited about that. She's pretty cute, and we get along well, so maybe we'll be friends. Hopefully. I'm going to bed soon though, so I'll stop here for tonight.