Chapter One - Fairy Cakes

I kind of liked the way Belmont Bay had a quaint feel to it, how each shop was almost perfect except for one thing, a mark on the wall, or the sign starting to peel. It wasn't perfect, as nothing was. And I liked that. It was no Mystic Falls, where you could actually buy designer clothes, but it was cute. It was nice.

I looked at Bonnie and Elena. They were clearly in love with the place, I guess they appreciated it more than I did.

Bonnie sighed, a huge smile crossing over her face. She almost skipped; so excited to be here, you'd think she was in her wonderland.

"Isn't it beautiful?" Elena asked, her mouth hanging open slightly and her eyes darting around to take in every detail Belmont Bay had to offer.

"Yea," Bonnie said, smiling, as she ran into the nearest shop, called "Fairy Cakes" meaning Cupcakes in the UK.

"Wow, this is nice, and they're looking for jobs!" Elena said, smiling and looking around like a little girl in a candy store.

"Oh, please," I scoffed, "I'm not working in a cupcake shop!"

"Hey, it's not as bad as you think," Someone with an accent said, causing me to turn around and face him. He wore an apron, that had "Fairy Cakes" printed on it, with their logo.

"Is this a British shop?" I asked, almost stuttering with my words. My cheeks were red.

"Yes, but I don't own it, of course. Fairy Cakes started here in The US though... why would you call a cupcake shop cupcakes?" He laughed, "I'm Klaus. Klaus Mikaelson."