Sakuras Dyed Crimson

I opened my eyes to see the night sky filled with twinkling stars and cherry blossom petals floating along the cool night breeze. I tried to move my body but when I did I felt pain shot through out my body. That’s when I remembered that I was pushed off a cliff. I used the remnants of my strength ignoring the pain and sat up against a tree. I glanced at my beautiful pink kimono to see blood soaked into the fabric, my blood.

   I leaned against the tree, my body limp. I was about to close my eyes and let the darkness overtake me, when I heard the rustling of the bushes someone was approaching me. With my half-closed eyes I saw a boy around my age running towards me. He had the messy blonde hair and mesmerizing sapphire blue eyes. I looked at his approaching figure and smiled weakly. This boy is my lover Damian. As he came closer towards my limp body I could see the tears at the brink of his eyes.

   Damian took me into his arms and embraced me while rooking back and forth, he was crying. He was shaking violently while holding me firmly. I didn’t like to see him this way so whispered in his ear “Damian it’s going to be okay, I’m okay. Please stop crying, please” I begged. He stopped shaking and looked at me in the eye.  I saw all the mixed emotions he was feeling, I could see it show in his eyes. Fear, hatred, sadness, but mostly anger. He was enraged  with the person that pushed me off the cliff.

   Damian regained his composure, he lifted me up and carried me bridal style. He ran towards the direction of the hospital. He ran through the hospital doors and demanded medical attention for me. The nurses saw and immediately assisted me. They told Damian to lay me on the hospital bed so that they could start running tests and check my condition. He did as told and explained to them how I ended up in that state. They took some x-rays to see if I have fractured any bones. Luckily only my left arm and leg was broken and my organs are fine. Nothing serious but it still hurts.

   Since that unfortunate day Damian and I no longer attend the sakura viewing festival like we use to every year. We no longer could appreciate the beauty of the cherry blossoms without remembering that tragic day three years ago. The day the sakura blossoms were dyed crimson red with my blood.