1

The Savior That Couldn't Be Saved

My eyes were closed partially when the lamp illuminating the room started to flicker like something was interrupting the flow of electricity powering the bulb. I was paranoid already, no one being in the hospital room with me.

It stopped and I relaxed, closing my eyes and wishing I could sleep but something about to quietness bugged me. Ugh! I picked up my phone. My body only hurt to a certain extent thanks to whatever was in the drip or IV. It made me sleepy yet I was restless.

The light from the lamp dimmed and then exploded in a way? I felt suffocated like I was breathing in the same air in a bubble and breathing oxygen just wasn't an option for me. I could feel darkness creep around me, dive into the cuts on my body, the result of something attacking Amy and I.

What I saw next scared the 5th dimension out of me. Standing in front of the bed was a shadow that I was only able to see thanks to the hallway lights in the hospital. You owe us. Was this thing in my thoughts? You were supposed to die. I see Anvakar can't do his job correctly. I wanted so badly to get up but the IV was inserted into my skin, also pumping pain medicine through my veins.

I couldn't hear anything. I could perfectly hear my heart beat though, slowed, low pitched, echoing through my ears. The shadow moved closer to me. You belong to me. It had no face as far as I knew yet I felt it gazing into my eyes. I couldn't breath correctly. I couldn't take it anymore. I ripped the IV out my arm and bolted through the door. As I ran down the hallway, unsure of what I had done, unsure if I had just imagined the whole thing, I swore every light I passed seemed to just burst and make the corridor behind me seem even more lonely.

I felt it close behind me. If it could even breathe, it would have been able to breath against the back of my neck. I didn't dare look back as the hospital seemed deserted and I realized no one was hear to help. It was probably around 3 in the morning and that didn't make me feel safer.

The hallways echoed with the sound of my bare feet hitting the cold floor and glass shattering.

Only once did I ever turn my head and that was to press the button down. And that's when the lights turned on despite them being broken. There wasn't any glass on the floor or any shadows. A nurse turned the corner and almost dropped her clipboard at the sight of me falling into the ground.

I felt drained from the short experience. I wish I could have stopped my eyes from rolling to the back of my head or me passing out. Everything was dark and I could feel and hear things vibrating around me. It was almost like I was watching a play. I sat in a red, cushioned chair in a dark theater, watching as the camera zoomed in closer to my face.

They're watching. They have been since that day. I shrunk back into my hair, still in the same hospital gown. The background of the movie was white, smoke distorted the image of me. But the scenes kept switching from movie to live play and it was confusing.

You are trapped. I now sat in a bathtub but my perspective wasn't mine. I watched, my vision was on my back. I was turned in an opposite direction. Your wrongful doings of yesterday and days before are going to weigh you down. You'll drown in your own misery. You're going crazy. Another person emerged from the water which was as dark as a raven's feathers at midnight. The dripping sound of water hitting water filled the room with no visible walls.

Your second born shall cease to live outside the womb. Trees don't always bear fruit my darling. She'll be the bad apple and that's why she's tossed aside. Your first born–