Playing God

Chapter One: Unlocked Potential

"Get him! Don't let him escape!" I heard the man's voice ring out as I ran through the halls of the facility I was in, my white hair plastered to my face due to the sweat pouring down it, panting heavily since I'd been running for half an hour, my energy levels finally starting to dip and I spun around, holding my hands out in front of me, deciding that I may as well try and reason with them. "Please stop! I just want to go home!" I cried, tears streaking down my face and I saw the guards stop, laughing a little bit to themselves as I quickly looked around me for an escape route, sighing slightly when I saw my only escape route was an air vent.

"Fuck it." I muttered and sprinted at it, the guards firing at me and as I slid onto the ground, a bullet hit my ear, causing me to scream out in pain and my vision went white for a few seconds, the screams of the guards filling my ears before I slid into the vent, sliding down it quickly with the hope that it would lead me outside. "Oh please god let me get out of here." I thought before hitting the ground hard, realising I was wrong and that I was actually in a garbage chute. "Well, better than nothing I guess." I then got to my feet and scanned the area, gritting my teeth as the cold air hit me hard. "Come on, gotta be a way out...."

I then noticed a very small hole in a fence, glaancing to the other end of the building and decided to testy my luck agan, running over to the hole before feeling the wind get knocked out of me as a fist slammed straight into my stomach. "Thought you could get away from us did you kid?" a man's voice said as he grabbed me by the scruff of my neck, holding me up near his face. His breath reeked of alcohol and cheap breathmints, making me gag a little bit from the smell.

"You got a problem brat?" he snarled and headbutted me, throwing me away from him so i was sprawled out on the floor. "Dammit... get up.... come on get up!" I thought, struggling to stand up as he stalked over to me, fist raised to strike and as he got ready to bring down his fist I held up a palm in a feeble attempt to stop him and my eyes widened as a stream of fire burst from the center of my palm, slowly burning him so I could hear his screams of pure agony as his skin slowly melted off, watching as he slowly turned into a pile of ash.

"Oh my god! What the hell!?" I screamed, looking down at my hands which were showing a pulse of flames beneath my palms, my hands shaking badly from the shock. "I just killed him.... I-I'm a monster...." I whispered, forcing myself to my fdeet as I heard the yells of the other captors. Regardless of the deed I had just done, I still had to escape and nothing was going to stand in my way.

"Sir..." a voice rang in my head, making me look around in confusion. "Huh?" I mumbled, shrugging it off. "Sir...." the voice rang out again, making me shake. "Hello?" "SIR!"

I shot up like a rocket in a cold sweat, running a hand through my white hair. "Goddamn dreams.... why can't they stop?" I mumbled to myself, looking around as I realised where I was. "Are you okay sir?" a woman asked worriedly, her green eyes showing concern. "Huh? Yeah I'm fine, sorry, must have fell asleep again...." The woman smiled at me and helped me up. "Come on, let me make you some breakfast, you look like you could do with something in your stomach." She then lead me to a small house nearby, watching her warily. "I hope she isn't one of 'them'."