Chapter 1:Unrequitted Feelings

Maki's POV

The very first person that I fell in love with told me she loves me right before her graduation . We didn't really put a label on our relationship since after her confession, we didn't really see each other then. It's like we cut out each other's existance in our lives. Contacting her? Well I am a stubborn woman after all. I can't take down my pride of contacting her first, after all I wasn't been able to answer her confession. Maybe that's why she cut me off out of her life. Well maybe we just don't synchronize very well.....

I guess....

Time passed and I ' m currently studying at a medical school aiming to become a great doctor just like my father. After all  it was already decided ever since I was a kid that I would inherit the hospital. I don't mind it. In fact it was fine by me, I respect my Papa after all to the point I'm even willing to give up my passion for music.

But somehow I feel lonely......
Despite having all the things that I needed provided for me by my family. I still feel lonely.

I wan to see her

Ever since Nico chan graduated I felt so devastated despite the facade  of acting cool infront of them. I was stubborn kid after all. In conclusion , I was naive, too afraid to show my own feelings. And now? Yeah i regretted it, not having the guts to say what she meant to me, is one of my greatest regret.

What if I told her  my feelings  back then? Would we end up on a different situation. Is there a happy ending waiting for us?

I just want my feelings to reach her.....

*********************

"Nico Nico-nii~ Anata no Heart ni Nico Nico-nii, Egao todokeru Yazawa Nico Nico~ Nico-nii te oboeteru Love Nico~" such catchphrase echoed throughout the city as the bug screen on a big commercial buildimg flashed her face.

"Gross" I blurted out of nowhere as I looked at the big screen.

The snow was falling out from the sky as tugged my coat to lessen the coldness I'm feeling. I continued to walk quietly when suddenly someone called out my name. It was Hanayo who was then followed by Rin.

"Maki-chan it's been while " Hanayo greeted.

" Yeah " I smiled softly as we then decided to walk together.

"So you gonna watch her concert?" Asked Rin which startled me a little.

"Not really ,I just happened to see her ads that's all"

"Really.... That's too bad we were hoping you gonna join us, right Kayochin?"

" Well it can't be help right ? After all Maki 's course is kinda hard" nodded Hanayo with a saddened tone.

"Yeah I need to focus on my study after all" i answered as I fake a smile.

We soon then continued to talk  with each other stuffs as we try to change the topic about Nico chan. And before we knew it, we need to seperate ways.

" See ya then" Rin bid her goodbye and so were me and Hanayo.

As I was about  to walk my way to the train , Hanayo suddenly called me out with a worried face.

"What?" I asked with confusion.

"Uhmm well.... You really won't come to her concert? You don't want to see her?" She asked with a  sad tone.

"Well..... I dunno , I'm not sure myself besides I'm not really that much interested with Idol stuffs nowadays"  i answered  with a doubt  to myself.

" Is that so?" She answered as she looked  on the floor.

"Yeahh"

" If ever you want to come just contact me  okay I have a spare ticket for you, don't tell Rin about it anyway"

"Okay ,geez Hanayo you're really a considerate one"

" Ehh? Don't say that ... It's embarrassing" she said shyly.

"Well then I'll be going"

"See you later Maki"

Hanayo is really a kind person. From time to time , I wish it was her that I fell in love with rather than that idiot.

But...

I can't help it.
I wanted to see her.
Yet I lied again.
Geez I hate myself....

Nico's POv

The very first person I fell in love was a stubborn and snobbish girl whom I argued with a lot  back then. At first I hate her for she has everythimg I don't have. But during the time I spent with her,I realized she was jus lke any other girls.....

And before I knew it I fell in love with her....

I confessed to her on  my graduation day but I guess I surprised the heck out of her and after that.....
Nothing was settled...

I thought it was for the best. After all we live in a very much different states, such feelings of mine would be unforgiven I guess. That's why I gave up. Cut her out of my life unintentionally. I focused myself on aiming my goal of becoming the number 1 idol. And for that to happen , I have to forget her and move on with my life....

But...

Why is it that even now, than even though I got what I yearned for even though it's not really becoming number 1 I still feel lonely....

What if I pursued my feelings for her?
Would that make me even happier and content?
Does happy ever after exist fornthe both of us?

*****************
Day off.......

To avoid attention, I disguised myself a little and  stroll around the town. Despite really not going very far away , I felt like it's been a long time. I felt like smiling in myself.

Until I saw her, only a few meters away from me. Seeing her made my heart  tightened so much due to excitement. So much excitement that all I could do was gulped at her very presence.  For some reason, I wanna tear up but I held myself back.

I missed her.
I wanna touch her.
I wanna chat with her.
I wanna argue with her again like we used to.

But I just stood there looking at her while she looks at  the big screen as my ad for my upcoming concert was being showed. She just stood there quietly with an empty expression, when suddenly Hanayo and Rin approached her. And then she smiled at them....

But that smile was of a sad person......

And before I knew it they walked away, with Maki disappearing slowly in my vision.

I wonder.....
Does she still even care about me up until now?

Somehow I felt pathetic. After all it was me who tried ti forget her, yet I still regret it from the very core of myself.

Hey Maki chan... Do you still even care about me?

Tbc