Time after Midnight

It was a dark and snowy night. It was a little before 10pm. Jason had just finished his usual shopping at Wal-Mart consisting of Mtn. Dew and Doritos because tonight was the night he and his friends Halo Game night. He jumps in his Midnight blue 2007 Honda Accord and he drives home where his friends are waiting for him. As he got him home, he noticed something different about his house. Something dark and ominous about it but he didn't know what it was. So he continued on with meeting his friends in his very large room.

At around 1:00 they were all starting to get tired. So they finished their match and started going to bed. That's when he heard it... It was a sound he heard before but he didn't know where it came from and it bugged him not knowing where it came from. So, he decided to go searching for the sound. It sounded something like a low growl. The first place he goes to look is the kitchen, maybe it was the fridge, he's heard it make that sound before but this time when he arrived at the fridge it was dead silent and then he heard it again louder but far away. The next place he goes and checks is the basement, the one place he was almost certain it was coming from. As he walks down the steps to the basement, he hears it again, louder and closer than before. As he arrives at the bottom of the steps he saw it, a creature if unexplainable form. One that sends chills up a normal man's spine! The creature was nearly 7 feet tall and had big beady eyes and that strike down even the strongest of men! Black and Red all over, this scared the hell out of Jason. He ran upstairs as quickly as he could.. As he got to the top, he turns around and the monster is only a few steps behind him. He quickly opens the door, slams it shut, and locks it. He tries to go back to bed but isn't able to because he can't get the thought of the giant monster out of his head.

The next morning, Jason tried telling and warning his friends about the monster but they didn't believe him. "You're crazy." " Are you ok?" These were questions that Jason kept getting asked and he kept getting more and more paranoid about it. One day he decides to go to a paranormal investigator to see if he could help Jason at all. He said he would come by the house to see if there was anything he could do. So he came by the house.

When the paranormal officer came by, he went down to where the monster was and actually started to have a conversation with this beast! Jason did not know this so after he was done, Jason had asked what he done, the officer had told him he had dealt with the monster when he really just made him stronger, but Jason had believed him so he felt relieved and thought he had a huge burden lifted off his shoulders, when in reality it had just gotten worse. So Jason continued with his regular schedule consisting of going to college, playing video games, and just doing what he can to entertain himself. Until one day he received another visit from this menacing monster. He realized that the officer had lied to him. "That asshole!" he thought. He came face to face with this monster. "Why have you returned?" the monster asked. "I have come to make sure i wasn't betrayed. I now know that i was, I never should've trusted him..." "Well now that you know that you were betrayed, what are you going to do?" " I'm going to find my own way to take you out!" "Good luck idiot! I am invincible! Nothing can kill me! AHAHAHAHAHA!" The monster disappears with a menacing laugh...

          For the next couple weeks, Jason was tormented, teased, stalked, and watched by the monster. It took a lot of effort to keep the monster at bay until one day he was fed up with the monster. "Enough is Enough!" Jason said loudly, loud enough for the monster to hear him. Jason grabs his jacket, throws on his shoes and gets in his car, "Time to confront the paranormal officer." Jason thought to himself. When he reaches the building where the officer works, he goes up to the receptionist. "Excuse me, I'm looking for a certain officer." "Do you know his name?" The receptionist asks. "No. He never said his name he was just sent here anonymously." "Ok what's your address, I can look it up to see who has all been dispatched there within the past couple weeks." "412 Jay Street." Replies Jason. "Ok give me just a sec.. I'm sorry sir but it doesn't seem like anyone was sent there within the past couple weeks." Jason looks at her with a very confused look. "But someone from this agency was just there last week." Says Jason. "I'm sorry sir, but no one has been there recently. There has to be some misunderstanding." Jason starts to get frustrated, "God damnit! I need to speak to your manager!" Jason just starts to get more and more frustrated with the whole thing that he sees that the receptionist is starting to get scared. "Y-yes, I'll call him here." Says the receptionist shaking with a small bit of fright.