Chapter 1

It was late September, the leaves had just begun to change. Green to red, brown, or orange. The sun had started to set, casting shadows of colors that matched the leaves. It was cold, but bearable. Sweatshirt weather. 

I walked with my boyfriend, his green eyes shielded from my view by his hood that he had pulled up because of the cold. We did not speak, we never did on our walks. No matter how we felt we went on them everyday. Unless of course, someone was seriously hurt or sick. Finally, he turned to look at me, flashing me with his mossy eyes that I loved so much.

"How old is Dora's cousin Diego?" He looked at me straight faced, but I could see he was struggling to contain his laughter. We had known each other and been friends for a long time before we confessed our feelings, we used to be close, now, we are best friends.

"Like from the TV show?" Naturally, I didn't know the answer to his question. So I asked him one in return. He glared at me playfully, knowing I had avoided the question. "Fine, I suppose he could be anywhere from 16 to about 22 years old. Good enough?"

He smiled at me, telling me he was satisfied with my answer and turned his attention back to the setting sun. We were close to my house. I could tell by the looming abandoned house next door. Sometimes there were squatters and drug dealers found inside but, not very often.

"Mace, are you sure you want to be alone tonight? I have a bad feeling about leaving you." Symon looked around nervously as he pulled down his hood, once again exposing his bright eyes to me, this time with his dark hair. His nervousness made me nervous.

"Well, if your that concerned you can stay." I laughed nervously, trying to be confident. "Not like the ghosts are going to get me." Symon still looked unsure. He knew I was still scared of the dark (it's a long story) and that I hated being alone, plus nightmares frequently visited my residence.

" I'll just stay Macy, it will make me feel better." This was why I loved him. He didn't make fun of me for being afraid, instead, he made it seem as though he was the scared one, to make me feel comfortable. I smiled gratefully nodding at him.

We walked into my house, however, I paused when I found the door unlocked, I never left the door unlocked. Symon stepped in front of me, entering the house first. He walked around looking everywhere except for one. One place only I would know to check and I couldn't bring myself to do it.

By the time we went through my entire house the sun had already set, darkness enveloped the house, only broken when Symon turned on a light to check for a possible intruder. Eventually, he gave up the search and suggested we go to bed. Nodding in agreement, I trudged up the stairs to my room-our room. 

Slipping into my pajamas, I turned on the TV before passing the remote to Symon. He channel surfed while I finnished getting ready for bed. Just as I laid down beside him something fell downstairs. I didn't move and neither did Symon. We sat motionless, like statues, until we couldn't take it anymore. Even as we crept around my room we didn't speak.

AUTHORS NOTE: Yes, Symon is a name and not one I made up ( https://www.babble.com/baby-names/baby-boy-names/meaning-of-symon/ ) found it on a website thought it was interesting.... Anyway, I don't know if I will actually write this or not..