Puzzle Pieces

I wake up, staring at a white ceiling. Ugh my neck is killing me. Beep
 Why is it so bright in here in the first place. I turn my head to see something, anything that would give me a clue to where I am. I see an IV...Beep...
...and a heart rate monitor. Oh. Well what the heck happened? Beep.
I turn my head so it's facing the ceiling and try to relax. Beep.

Everything is gonna be okay. Just try to go to sleep again. I think to myself. I try to close my eyes. Beep.

I can't sleep. I try to, I close my eyes try to breathe steadily and everything, but I guess I'm not tired. Beep
That stupid beeping is driving me crazy! I've got to get this heart monitor off of me. I lift up, which takes a while because I can't move anything below my waist. Beep
I can't exactly feel anything below my waist either...beep.
Jeez how many pain killers are in this IV? Either that or they numbed half my body. Beep.
Why am I here? Beep.
What happened? Beep
Will someone please turn this dumb thing off? Beep.
Without thinking I rip the cords off of my chest and stomach. Almost immediately, the monitor starts going crazy.
I start to panic, fully realizing where I am and wondering what happened. Why am I here?
Three people, all in hospital uniform, rush in, pushing me back down, attaching the cords on me, checking temperature, shouting out numbers to a man who is writing everything down, telling me everything is gonna be okay. This goes on for 5 minutes.
Finally I loose it. Took me long enough to be honest.

"Stop telling me everything is gonna be okay! Why am I here?!" The nurse who has been talking to me looks up at the shouting nurse.                                                                                                                         "Why isn't anyone telling me what's going on?! And why are you writing everything down?" . 

 "She doesn't remember what happened"                                                                                                                I guess she doesn't know I'm here after all                                                                                                               "I'm right here!" I shout.

I start hyperventilating. Great just what I need right now. A panic attack.
My vision starts to get blurry an I start yelling, and I mean yelling at this nurse who's probably only doing her job.

"We're gonna need Dr. James in here!" She shouts.                                                                                              I start to sit up and try to move my legs except they aren't cooperating with my mind. They won't listen to my commands to get over the side of the hospital bed. 

"Wh-what's wrong with my legs? What did you do?!" I yell at the guy yelling numbers to the writing man. The woman trying to calm me down looks at me again.                                                           " Sweetie, what's the last thing you remember?"

I think about where I was before this.
"I-I was with my friends at Oberwise."

***

"Eww how can you eat uncooked chocolate chip cookie dough in ice cream?" Kel giggled.

"Oh shut up, its good!" I tell her, tossing a chocolate chip at her. She squeals and sticks out her tongue at me.

"When you guys are done acting like kids..." says my friend Isaiah walking to the table with ice cream "tell me why the cashier gave me a receipt when I told her I don't want one after she asked"

"Haha well maybe it was a rhetorical question and she was gonna give you one anyways" I say.
"Whatever, I think she's slow" he says, licking his ice cream.
I laugh and ask him what flavor his ice cream is, licking my own vanilla scoop.

"It's coffee and it's delicious by the way"                                                                                                                     My mouth drops open 

"There a such thing??"
Kel giggles again. "Duh Alec there's literally every ice cream flavor"
"And no, Alec, before you ask, there are no watermelon flavored ice creams" he says, before I can even open my mouth.
                                                                                                                                                                                                    "Well, joke's on you. I wasn't gonna ask that" I lied.

They both roll their eyes as we all finish up the rest of our ice cream.
We throw away our trash and step outside talking about the movie we'd just seen.
Kel loved it, as she loves anything romance, I thought it was great but Isaiah things it's weird and unrealistic.

"How can anyone be trapped inside a house for 18 years by a sickness they think they have and never ask for proof from papers?"                                                                                                                                   "Oh shut up already Isah" Kel says rolling her eyes.

"I'm just saying! And how convenient that their windows are on the same side of the houses." He continues.
"Blah blah blah write it in your diary" I laugh.
"Whatever you guys love hearing me complain" he says.
"I think you're thinking of someone else, sorry" Kel says, shrugging her shoulders.
                                                                                                                                                                                                      We are about to cross the street to Isah's car in the parking lot when I remember to text my mom that the movie is over.
"Hey wait up" I yell at Kel reaches the car.
"Ugh hurry up Alec. Some people have a curfew" he shouts back turning around to look at Kel.
"Shut up Isah it's not a curfew" she says blushing.
"Yea whatever" he says, still in the middle of the empty street.

I had just pressed send when I hear a loud car engine. At first I thought it was Isah and he had crossed the street and started his car but then looking up I notice headlights about 20 feet away and going really fast, getting closer by half of a second.

I try to yell out for Isah to move out of the street while he's waiting there for me but my throat goes dry and my lips won't move apart from being slightly parted.
Without thinking, I go as fast as my legs can go and tackle him, or try and to tackle him, out of the way. I only have time to get my arms out to push him into the parking lot while the car gets 5 feet away from me and doesn't slow down.
                                         ***
Hope you liked the first chapter! It's small because I couldn't look on my computer to see how long/short it really is. If you've ever written on a phone you understand hat it may look long on the phone but short on a computer. I'll try to make these longer next time♥️