PROLOGUE

August's POV

"August be a good boy okay? Take care of the house I'll just go to work." My dad said as he went to the front door and closed it behind him. Just as I heard the car of my dad took off, my mom went outside of her room, cellphone on her hand by her ear and talking. My mom and dad used to share a room but for some reason they use separate rooms now.

She went in the kitchen and started cooking by what I heard from the hallway. I went soon after. "Hey, August, would you like your favorite today?" she asked smiling, yet her eyes show otherwise. "Sure mom. Thanks." I replied with a smile.

After she cooked breakfast, which consists of sunny side-up egg, bacon, toast, two hot dogs, a plate of pancakes, and an apple juice; I started scarfing down my food grinning from ear to ear. I looked up and she watches me with guilt in her eyes. Noticing me looking up at her, she broke out of her stupor and suddenly her phone ringed.

She answered her phone with a blank face yet her eyes look bright. "Hello?" she said to the phone, her lips twitching. She waited a few seconds before speaking again, seems like the person on the other side was telling her something. "Oh! You're arriving in ten minutes? Okay sure, I'll be ready. 'Mkay, love you babe." Now she was smiling brightly, like a teenage girl in love. She ended the call and went dashing down her room.

Ten minutes later, my mom was dashing out her room looking beautiful with her white dress and white sandals, complementing her yellow blond hair, and her honey brown eyes. She peeked in the kitchen seeing me cleaning up the dishes, "August, I'll just go out with a friend, look after the house okay? And no getting into trouble." She said smiling then into her stern look. "Okay mom, have fun." She smiled again and again that guilty look in her eyes, then took off.

After I heard the front door shut, I went in the living room and peeked through the curtains, curious of what made my mom look excited; only to see her hugging and kissing the man that came out of the black sports car parked in front of our house.

I went rushing inside my room and packed snacks inside my backpack, then went outside in our backyard. I ran to the left corner of our fenced backyard and turned the fences I readied so I can go to the other side of it.

After slipping through the fences, I started my silent walk through the forest.

Waking up from my heavy sleep, due to my another adventure inside the forest yesterday, I grudgingly open my eyes, and to my surprise, my parents were sitting across the room looking at me. "Good morning, mom, dad. What's up?" I said, confusion and sleepiness clear in my voice.

"Son, we need to tell you something, please understand and don't panic." My dad said, looking calm yet in his eyes shows guilty. "Okay. Sure dad. What is it?" I said, unsure.

"Your mom and I are getting divorced."