Chapter one

I'm standing in line at the airport with my best friend Kahilii hugging me. Today is the day I head to America because I signed up to be an exchange student.

After my mums death I knew I had to get out of London. I knew I couldn't stay. Everything here reminds me of her.

"I'll miss you Kahilii" I squeezed her tighter "I promise to facetime you whenever possible. Please don't hate me for leaving"

"I don't hate you. I understand why you're doing this." She replied and squeezed me tighter.

"Last call for flight 755 to Pittsburgh Pennsylvania."

"Well that's my cue. I've got to go. I love you so much Kahilii. I'll text you when I land." I say and grab both my carry on suitcase and my other suitcase.

"Love you too. You better" She calls after me.

Man I'm going to miss her a lot I think to myself as I approach the gate.

"I'll tale that miss" A guy to my left says.

"Thank you" I say and watch him stick it on the plane.

Once I'm on the plane and have found my seat I stick my carry on suitcase in the compartment above my head and then take my seat next to some guy in a black hoodie and skinny jeans.

"Hello" I say trying to start a conversation. "My names Luna"

"Heh" Was all the voice replied

"Well fine" This was going to be a boring flight with Mr. Rude Ass over here.

Just as I was about to turn away and shove my head phones in my ears to listen to some P!atd Mr. Rude Ass lifts his head. My phone hits the floor and so does my jaw.

"Shhhh" He hushes me"Don't scream and draw attention please"

I nod and he reaches down and grabs my phone for me. "Thank you"

"Panic! Hey?" He asks me and laughs

"Yes omg I love Panic! So so so much. My favorite song is Build God then we'll talk" I say and blush. I can't believe I'm talking to THE LEGEND HIMSELF BEEBO URIE.

"If you help me stay lowkey this whole flight I'll let you take a selfie with me and I'll follow you on instagram and twitter with both my personal and the band page. Deal?"

"Deal." Someone pinch me I must be dreaming.

Brendon takes my phone from me and opens up snapchat so we can take some selfies together. After we've gone through every filter he pulls out his phone and opens up his personal instagram and has me type my username then he presses follow and I feel myself screaming. He opens my most recent post about my mum and likes it. He starts crying after reading the caption.

"I'm so sorry" he said and hugged me.

"It's fine" I hug him back and try not to cry.

He follows me on the band account and then we switch to twitter and he again follows me on both.

"Thank you so much you have no idea how grateful I am" I tell him.

"You're welcome."

For the rest of the flight we are mostly quiet only exchanging a few words here and there.

When we landed he grabbed my bag out of the over head cubby and handed it to me. I sat it down so we could say bye.

"Have fun in America Luna. It was great to meet you. Tweet me sometime. Hopefully I'll see it."He hugged me and headed towards the exit.