Chapter 1

I walk from the entrance of the hospital that my brother now resides in. He has been there for 1 year now. His birthday is coming up as well. In 3 months, he will be 8.

   When I get inside my house I lock the door and sit my head on it. Tears stream down my face.

    Ever since my baby brother, Drew, got in the hospital, my family has been depressed. My mom smokes her problems away while my dad goes to work early and comes back late. I have just been working through it by acting like nothing is wrong.

   The truth is, I am mad at Drew because he wont let us pay for the treatment because we don't have much money.

   I go to my room and start my homework. After I finish, I look at the clock. I go to the kitchen and cook myself some Chef Boyardi. Once it done, I eat it and rinse my bowl.

     I go into my room and get dressed for bed. I sit on my bed and read a book called Deaths Light.

~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤~♤

     I wake up and turn off my alarm. I grab a long sleeved shirt with a skull on it and a pair of ripped gray jeans. I slide on my black converse and my anklet I got for my birthday last year from Drew.

    I walk out of my house and start to ride my skate board in the direction of the hospital.

    Once I get there I head for the desk. "Excuse me, may I please go visit a patient." "Ok, may I have the name"  "Drew Woods" she gives me a pity look and hands me a paper "Im sorry but..." I read the paper and my eyes widen. No, he... he... "He died this morning"

   Tears stream down my face. He... h-he said he would n-never leave m-me.
I run out the doors crying. I grab my skateboard and run to the park.

    Once I get there I break down remembering when me and Drew where here. That was the day we found out about his condition.

                     ~Flashback~

    "Excuse me, are you Drew's mother?"
"No, Im his sister" "well Drew has a disease that affects how his lungs work. It is not named yet because it is so rare. He will be on life support unless you pay for the cure now" i feel tears stream down my face and I break down.

               ~Flashback Over~

That was the day my life came crashing down, and nobody was there to pick up the pieces.

   I walk over to the cliff as tear fall down my face.

               ~Kendals P.O.V~

     Im walking through the park and hear crying. I walk in the direction of it and see a girl with red hair, blue eyes, and tan skin standing near the cliff. I snap out of my trance when I notice she is about to jump off. "STOP, Don't jump" she turns quickly with wide eyes. "Give me one reason I shouldn't" "Because, just because your in darkness, does not mean you wont get back into the light again." She bursts into tears and collapses.