moving

• Dedicated to ashley, colt, mom, dad, uncle chris, aunt jenny, darlene

Chapter 1

We are Moving

“Come on guys we have to be there in half an hour” me and colt heard mom say. “okay” I said and just then my alarm went off “rrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiinnnggggg” I pounded it to make it stop and then we packed up our stuff and we got outside and our cousin Ashley was there to give us a hug. she was going to Florida for the whole summer. she knew we were moving into a duplex so she said “Hey cheer up at least you don't have to leave your animals with someone else” and we hugged and I got into the car and me and colt were starting to cry I leaned my elbow against the car window and I could taste the salty tears as they went rolling down my face as we left. My dogs were in the back My dog Jessie licked my face I could feel her licking me and I moved her itchy tongue off of my face and my other dog Janis tried to make me feel better by smiling I could see that she was trying to make me feel better and my cat Fluffy layed in my lap and brushed up against me and tried to get me to pet her and then she layed on my lap and purred and I could feel her soft fur and she tried to get me to pet her but I was so sad and so tired. When I woke up we were there so I got out went inside and there I saw our new house and it was gorgeous and I went inside and went upstairs there was only one room “yes colt sleeps downstairs” I thought I laid on the soft carpet and got up and laid on my bed until two men came up with..... a bunk bed and it was one of the ones that has a horizontal bed on top and vertical bed on the bottom and there is a desk next to the bottom bunk and I realized the two men that I saw were my dad and my uncle and they took my bed out and put a ginormous 75 inch HD TV down and I said “hey dad uncle Chris what are you doing with my bed” and they said “you and colt have to share a room” noo I thought and colt came up. And colt and I both wanted to get the bottom bunk “Daddy” I whined he came up and told colt “your sister gets the bottom bunk”and colt said “but I have the desk chair and I have more stuff” and my dad glared at him and said “since you two have to share a room colt no blasting music no taking most of the room and no leaving the light on” colt huffed and said “fine” so we moved into the room I set my stuff on my desk. we shared the closet and the bookshelf. And that night while watching TV we found out that a nine point zero tsunami was headed toward Florida right where my cousin Ashley and her granny Darlene were I gasped at the traffic on the TV and told my mom and dad “Ashley and Darlene are gonna be trapped in a nine point zero tsunami me and colt have to go save them”. Everything got quiet for a moment or two I could hear the crickets chirping and then my mom said “this is to dangerous for you to we shall go save them you to stay here” and me and colt looked at them like how are we going to pay the bills and I said “would you like to have clothes and a house when you come back or would you rather live in a box and not have money to buy yarn and books me and colt will go” and my mom said “fine but call me every day twice or I will call you and colt be nice to your sister and kylie be nice to your brother and just so you know I don't like this idea and I will get sick and worried if you don't call twice and then I will call you” me and colt packed extra clothes and we went out to the car mom sat in the passenger seat and dad drove us to the airport we had a few hours before our flight so they decided since they might not see us again to take some places to get some things dad and colt went to the guitar place and me and mom went to the fragrance and beauty place only one hour before our flight they hugged us and left and said they would watch the news every day for updates on the tsunami.