Chapter One

Tilapia Saron's POV:

"This is delicious! " I commented.

I look up to see him blush. His name is Shaun Festle. He is the only person on the face of the earth who has treated me like a normal person. To him I wasn't the Victor's daughter.

"I'm glad you like it. I made it myself! " he replied.

"How did you get it so green? " I asked.

"Just the perfect amount of mold," he jokingly replied.

We laughed for a few seconds.

The laughter suddenly stopped when my brother swung his arms around Shaun and me.

"Well what do we have here," Gus jokingly commented.

Gus aka my twin brother aka the most annoying person on the face of this planet.

"Just some friends enjoying some freshly baked bread," Shaun replied.

"I get ya," Gus replied. "Friends," Gus sad with air quotes around the word friends.

I glared at Gus and asked, "Whay are you even here?"

"Father's stylist will be here soon, so I recomend you get ready," he replied.

Ever since I was a child, I remeber my father's crazy stylist coming into our house to ready him for events. They take up most of the house when they are working. The house becomes so loud and crampted, so my brother and I usualy leave.

"I thought you said that your father was not going to be back until half way through the reaping," Shaun commented under his breath.

"That is what I thought," I replied.

Gus laughed.

Long story short Shaun does not like my father that much. My father can be very intimidating because he is the victor of the 85th Hunger Games. It also does not help that I am his baby girl.

"Tila, I'd be careful if I where you. If the stylist or any of his asistans see you with Shaun.....," he paused for a few seconds in attempt to find the right words. "Let's just say, the Capitol loves to gossip."

I laughed for a few seconds.

"Ok, thanks for the warning," I reply. I look up at him, and gesture for him to leave, but he doesn't.

After a few awkward seconds Shaun brakes the silence, "I should probably go."

"Ok, see you at the reaping," I yell.

I look over at Gus, and I noticed his emotions had taken a complete 180.

"Are you ok? " I asked.

"Have you heard the gossip around town lately?" he asked.

"No, why? "

"You know how we are the children of a victor," he paused for a few seconds. "They are all wondering when,"

I immediatly cut him off, and stated, " We are not going into the arena ! There are atleast 10 people who will gladly voulenteer and take our place! Don't worry."

He just rolled his eyes, and went upstairs, probably to get ready for the reaping.

The thought of going to the arena sent chills up my spin. I have heard stories about how victor's children have a higher probability to go into the arena. Most of the time, the victor's children do not come out alive. Since they are victor's children...they have giant targets on their backs.

I then followed in my brother's footsteps and headed upstairs.

I chose my aqua blue dress, and heals. I sat on my bed, for what felt like hours, braiding and twisting my flowing blond hair.

*KNOCK, KNOCK*

"Come in," I yell.

"The stylist just arrived," my brother said while poking his head through the door.

"That would explain the noise," I jokingly reply.

"Oh Sanders, it has been so long.....how are the children....." said my father's stylist.

"I am always amazed on how loud they are," my brother said.

It was true. We were on the third floor. If you closed your eyes, you would think they were talking right next to you.

My brother walked across the room, and opened my window.

"Do you want to go first? " he asked motioning towards the window that has become our emergency exit when company comes over.

I peak out the window, and looked at the water bellow.

"But I just did my hair, " I replied.

"Do you want to take your chances with the stylist? " he asked.

Without even thinking, I jumped out the open window.

As I plunged into the water, I herd laughter from my brother above.

I then headed towards shore.

"Where to? " I ask.

"Rogers," he replied.

I have known Roger my entire life. In my opinion he is a self absorbed egoist, but to Gus they are practicaly brothers.