Chapter 3

"Allie, right?"

"Y-yes." She says through the sobs. "How do you know my name?" She asks.

"Well.. Your friend told me."

"Who?"

"Jake."

"J-Jake?"

"Yeah. Jake. He came to me yesterday."

"You met h-him, like yesterday? But h-he's dead."

"I know. But his spirit still alive, you know."

"So you m-mean he's here?"

"Yeah."

"So you're saying you can see dead p-people?"

"Kind of."

"Then what's Jake looks like?"

"Um.. he has brown hair, blue eyes, and he likes to wear shorts. Plus, he likes green. Am I right?"

"That's right."

"Can you tell me what happened to Jake? I mean I asked him already but he refused to tell. He said I have to ask it from you."

"I-I asked him to join me to c-climb a tree in my backyard. Its like very t-tall tree. It's raining that day. While we were climbing, Jake asked me to climb off the tree. B-but I didn't want. So I keep on climbing and said he's afraid of heights. S-suddenly, I heard him screaming my name and he's falling down from the tree. He died b-because of m-me."

"Hey.. Don't cry. Well.. Jake asked me to tell you this. He said, it's not your fault. He just slipped. And he doesn't want you to cry anymore. He also told me that he only wants to see you smile again, said he misses it. So don't cry. If you cry, you only making Jake sad. So, smile."

She smiles.

"Really? Can I meet him?"

"Yes you can. In here. In your heart. He's always there for you."