Prologue

My name is Sarah Gordon, and today I am about to get my braces removed. Ever since I was 16, I already had braces installed and I despised it. Other people would tease me for it, call me names, and I hated how food tended to get stuck on it. And now, I have the chance to get it removed and rid my life of these prison bars. So first thing I did during this day was take a bath, ready my self defense materials like pepper spray in my bag, and wore a gray T-shirt and jogging pants. My mom had offered to drive me to the dentist's office so I took it and we headed to the dentist.

I waited patiently at the dentist's office waiting for my turn, imagining my future life with perfect teeth and no braces while suddenly, a sudden earthquake dragged me back to reality. My mom, who sat beside me playing games on her mobile phone while she waited for my turn to get my braces removed did not seem to notice the earthquake.

"Ms. Gordon?"

"That's me."

I entered the dentists office shivering at the thought of the pain I was about to go through again. The dentist assured me that there was to be no pain and that I wouldn't feel anything obviously lying through his teeth since this shit usually hurts like hell every time I get it replaced. He puts on his gloves and face masks and seemingly starts the removal but leaves the room after he touches his mirror apparatus and starts to talk to his secretary.

"Holly what's going on!"

"There is somebody outside the office, sir. He's insane, licking the door like that!"

"Well, can you let him leave? He is distracting me."

The dentist returns to me and makes an excuse for why he left, something about a missing apparatus. I pretended to believe his lie and relax for the operation. 

"Alright Ms. Gordon.. you will feel a little pressure..."

As he points his tool at my teeth, someone grabs him from behind and threw him to the ground. In panic I removed the stuff he put on my mouth like the thing that keeps your mouth open and threw it to the guy who threw the dentist as an act of self defense as he was walking towards me. 

"Ms. Gordon, please exit the building now! Call the police if the secretary hasn't!"

I exit the room in haste avoiding the guy's clumsy attempt to grab my arm and headed for my bag. Surprisingly, no one was outside the operating room. Not even my mother. I call 911 but no one picked up the phone. In panic I looked for a weapon taking the dentist's safety as my priority for the moment and found a vase. I returned to the dentist's office to find the dentist being pinned by the person.  In panic, I smashed the vase over the person's head and the person loses consciousness.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, just some bruises and a bite."

"A bite?"

"He bit me while we was pinning me. Weird person... I need to get this disinfected."

The dentist washes his wound on the sink and cauterizes it. After he does so, I told him that I was about to head down and look for my mother, he gives me the "okay" and I exit the dentist's office. As I exited the office, I saw what could be described as an aftermath of a natural disaster.. Cars turned upside down, shops with broken windows and a whole lot of people gathering at the one area where 2 guys where fighting. I saw my mom in the crowd and I headed to her.

"Mom, whats going on"

"No idea. probably the end of the world."

"Is this because of the earthquake earlier?"

"What earthquake?

"You probably didn't notice as you were busy with your phone."

She tells me to return to the dentist's office to wait there and I followed her command.

As I entered the dentist's office I see the dentist staring blankly at the wall. I call for his attention and he does not react. I went near him and poked him and all of a sudden he violently reacted and suddenly smacked me in the face. I recovered and subconsciously threw an axe kick towards his chin, knocking him out. Feeling proud about my measly red belt in taekwondo for once while also feeling bad for hitting him, i treated his bruise and carried him to a couch so he could rest. I left the office in fears of him waking up and attacking him again. I messaged my mom that I was about to walk home.

On the 3.5km walk home, I met a messy looking guy with Justin Bieber hair called Jim. Jim stopped me on the way to ask me some questions.

"Where did you come from?"

"Downtown?"

"Haven't you heard the news?"

"What news?"

"Downtown is messed up right now."

"What? Why?"

"They say that there's a massive riot out there."

"Oh... no wonder things were going south there."

"However, I don't think its just a riot."

"What do you think it is, Jim?"

"Zombies."

I thought to myself.

Zombies would explain most of the things I experienced today

"You're nuts. Although good nuts. Keep on with the conspiracies!"

As I said that, I left and proceeded to run the remaining .5 km remaining towards my house. 

I entered my house turned on the TV in haste, looking for an answer as to what was going on. I came across channel 54.

"Downtown Gillvania has been said to be under terrorist attack, however other local sources say mass hysteria, riots, and some even say biological attacks."

I perfectly knew what this meant. 

Zombies

FUCK MY BRACES WONT GET REMOVED ANYTIME SOON.

WHERE IS MY MOTHER.

And with this new information in my head, I called my mom and she didn't answer. I got worried, armed myself with a knife found in the kitchen and headed my way back to downtown to pick up my mother in case of hypothetical zombies.