Chapter 1

"CAUSE ITS NINE IN THE AFTERNOON"

I mentally shoot myself wishing I had never chosen that song for my alarm clock. I knew I'd get tired of it wow great job Alexis.

"AND YOUR EYES ARE THE SIZE OF THE MOON"

"Ughhhh" I sigh rolling in bed trying to find my phone to shut off this now annoying song.

It was the first day of what I hoped would be another great school year. I usually get excited and can't sleep the night before so me being exhausted didn't come as a surprise to me.

After 45 minutes I was ready to go to Justin's house which is what I usually do since he's my ride. Funny story I kinda crashed my car. Okay maybe it's not that funny but I'm not the best driver.

I left out the back of my house to enter his backyard through this part of the fence we loosened up so we could sneak to each others yards when we were nine. Cute right ? I know.

I smiled at the thought of Justin. We've always been best friends but in 7th grade I realized I was in love with him. This guy I had a huge crush on made a bet with his friends to see how fast he could get me to choose him over my friends and I did. It sounds pretty dumb but I mean we were like twelve at the time. After I found out and he told the whole school I ran home crying.

My friend, Beatrice, who I met over the summer wasn't at school that day so she didn't know what happened. Justin was hurt that I chose the guy over him even though he knew how I reacted to romance. When he found out what happened he rushed to my house and spent the whole weekend with me. Friday and Saturday morning was just me crying but Saturday night he gave me this whole speech about how awesome I am and how I didn't need that asshole and he took me to go get ice cream. We drove around blasting music until we found a park we used to go to a lot when we were kids. We stayed there all night talking about random stuff and the next day he stayed at my house all day and we watched movies together.

He told me he loved me and I realized that feeling I got in my stomach wasn't the usual one. It was something I had never felt for anyone and it was like all I wanted to do was see him smile and not leave him. That moment scared the shit out of me because that's the moment that I realized I was in love with my best friend.

I regain my focus after smiling at the thought of how close we have always been. I mean its the beginning of senior year and we're still inseparable.

Once I get into his house I lock the back sliding door and walk to the kitchen. When I get there I see Justin in basketball shorts and... no shirt. I'm used to this by now because of how much time I spend with him but every time I see his perfectly chiseled abs...

"hello earth to Alexis"

"Huh?" I looked at him confused

"Are you okay ?"

Realizing I was just staring at his abs I blushed but yawned to play it off

"Yeah of course I'm just tired"

"Okay you want some breakfast?" He pointed at some French toast and eggs he made.

"No thanks" I smiled

"Rosey" he made a sad face. "You have to eat something please for me?" Gosh his puppy dog face was so cute.

You're probably wondering why he called me Rosey instead of Alexis and that's because whenever he's trying to get me to do something or make me feel better he calls me Rosey because my middle name is rose.

I groaned and took the plate. I don't eat much maybe a meal a day. I'm not anorexic or anything I just don't want to gain weight. There's nothing wrong with one meal in my opinion but Justin thinks otherwise.