O N E

"Princess Corianne of Wylesh, your presence has been requested by the King," A middle aged servant spoke softly to the ear of a young lady. Her sharp eyes cut to the servant. "Very well," she spoke with a voice that demanded respect. She walked out of the ballroom, a servant trailing her quietly. She walked with authority and purpose, each stride long and regal. She walked through doors of gold, meeting her Father in the throne room.
"What of the war dragons? The pegasus fleet?" The king barked, glowering at a cowarding servant who shivered. The servant took a deep breath, before responding bravely.
"The Pegasus fleet has not been heard from. The war dragons were taken down. The opposing kingdom has much the same defense and we're evenly matched, my king."
The king heaved a heavy sigh, sitting upon his throne. He noticed his daughter standing in the door. His weary appearance brightened somewhat at the sight of his daughter. "Corianne! My darling.. I've news from the East!" He spoke loudly, a twinkle in his eyes. Corianne smiled gracefully and moved towards him. She dismissed the servant who followed her and ordered him to return.
"Father! Please do tell me the news. And what on earth has happened in the war?" She replied, now knowing why she was summoned. She understood now.
Her father was wearing. Tired. And needed a break from the raging war.

...~...

A young teenage boy stood on the balcony of his castle, watching the ocean crash below him. His eyes hard and calculating, measuring the waves as he was deep in thought. The war with Wylesh was grave and they were loosing ground forces quickly. His kingdom, The Great South was desperate. Fear was taking hold of the small but mighty kingdom. The East most likely had teamed with Wylesh and now the West was their only hope.
"Prince Alexander, please come with me," a gruff voice spoke from behind him, startling him. He turns, looking behind him. "Yessir," the prince sighed, looking out at the restless waves once again before departing with the servant.

"My lord, your Prince Alexander has arrived," the same servant spoke, kneeling before the king on the throne. "You are dismissed," the king only said in return. He looked at his son.
"I'm a last ditch effort, I am sending you undercover into Wylesh. You are to work as a servant for the Royal Family. I want you to gather as much intelligence you can. You and another servant shall leave at dawn tomorrow. Do this for your kingdom."

The prince only nodded, knowing he didn't have a say either way.

...~...