All Things New

There are times in our lives when we have to adapt to certain things, for me, I'm always the new girl.

Today is the day I'm being released from prison. I've been stuck in this hell-hole for 4 years. My background? Everyone knows. I'm that typical girl who everybody is afraid of. I don't want to be that girl just because of my parents.

Four years and 1 month ago my parents killed my brother, I had no feelings for him, he was in a gang: many piercings, tattoos, and an alcoholic. My dad choked him one night because he came home drunk and smashed a beer bottle onto my fathers head. My mother helped him hide the body. I was blamed for this crime. And now in foster care

---

A woman with long blonde hair that reaches her waist walks towards me and shakes my hand. " You must be Cassidy, I'm Bree"

"Please, call my Cassie," I tell her attempting to be polite.

"Well let's get you settled," Bree said.

We entered the two story house and she led me upstairs. The kitchen was enormous and the living room was beautiful.

The upstairs has three bedrooms, Bree led me to the first room. "You will be sharing a room with your other foster sister, Hadley."

The room was white with blue accents. A girl with black hair was sitting on a bed. Her hair was pulled up into a bun and wore the slightest bit of eyeliner, she had on headphones that was blaring out music that you could hear from a mile away.

"Meet us down stairs in 20 minutes," Bree said.

Hadley was pretty, I on the other hand, not so much. I had brown hair that reached my hips. I always pulled my hair up into a messy ponytail, then my hair reached the small of my back. I had brown eyes with long eyelashes and a light shade of pink lips. I have many freckles.

Hadley still hadn't seen me. I set my bags onto the plain white bed on the other side of room.

She took off her headphones and asked me,"You don't look like a murderer."

"Because I'm not."

"Sure," she said extending the E.

"Does anybody else live here?"

"Yeah my twin brother Brandon. We should probably go downstairs, it's breakfast time," she tells me.

"Um... when do we start school?" I ask her

"You're starting today, your backpack is downstairs. And BTW this California school isn't like any other. Even though you haven't met anyone yet you're already popular."

What did she mean by 'I'm already popular?'