Chapter one

This town holds deep secrets, but you can't hold a grudge against them. Who doesn't have secrets, am I right? Of course I am. They were idiots to do what they did, what I did, but it was to protect the future. If we hadn't done what we did we all knew we were all going to perish.

It was an average day at school my average classes my average not listening to nothing anyone is saying. It was raining which caused my mind to drift,traveling back to that day. On a normal day, I wouldn't think twice about that day, but it's soMething about the rain and how it takes me back.

I was 12 so I was very aware of my actions and what I was helping out to do. I was just as scared as everyone else. The flashes of fire keeps licking at the edges of my mind. It felt like it was rising to seer my brain . Panic began to rise, I felt my hands grow sweaty and hot. I was ready to bolt like how I did when I was 12, but my name being called snapped me out of it.

"Ms. Steele? Your wanted in the office?" My teacher spoke. It was evident in her tone that she was slightly annoyed that she was interrupted from her lecture. I nodded once before standing up and taking my leave towards the front office.

I looked around the walls, how they showed no remorse nor any other emotion but happiness. The pictures showed of too happy people holding awards the principal with his wig on his head. Funny how everything just sort of moved on. Nobody cared. Neither did I. But its creepy how it seems like I was the only person to remember that day, isn't it?

I entered the office and looked at the secretary. He looked me up and down before continuing with his work.

"Ms. Steele?," he spoke calmly. "Mr. Bryce would like to see you in his office."

Nodding, I made my way to his office slowly and cautiously as if stepping on eggshells. I knocked on his door and then awaited for his reply.

"Come on in!" He called out not shortly after. I opened the door slowly and stepped inside.

"You wanted to see me, Mr. Bryce?"

"Yes, do come in!" His jolly go lucky smile was plastered on his face. I came all the way in and sat down in one if the leather plush couches. "I have a task for you. You are a high ranking student," I didn't know what he meant by that, I had B's and C's. "Or that our high ranking students didn't exactly want to do this because of 'extra work' and 'other assignments' and 'I'm busy' excuses, excuses! Anyway, you have great conduct. The task isn't hard. There are six new students here. All siblings! Amazing, right? Three are in the same grade as you and the other three are in senior year. Three boys and three girls. I just want you to make them feel at home and and welcomed. You know, like this place is normal as can be, because it is!" He laughed like the funniest joke was just told.

Yeah, right, normal.