Emerald Blossom - Prologue

7:15 am. Wonocle Cafe of Marylebone, London.

The wind chimes outside the windows of the famous 'match-making' cafe created a melodically pleasing sound. It was a cold chilly morning in which a Millionaire and Detective discussed plans. 

"So? What do you think?"

 Slim fingers hovered over the steam produced by the green tea latte. Lips curved into a grin, a certain intelligent teenager leaned back in his seat. Legs crossed, body languid. Kuroba Kaito, Japan's greatest detective, sneered.

"I didn't expect them to sell green tea latte here. I'm quite surprised~."

On the other side of the table sat an infamous Japanese Millionaire known as Yoshigawa Moho-- (as humorous as his name could be). A lad with champagne blonde hair... Bright, magenta coloured eyes. Average height. He looked around his early twenties.

"I'm not talking about the drink, mister detective."

Moho laughed, sitting on the edge of his seat eagerly. 

"I'm talking about the plan."

Nippon Society was an organisation which Moho had created to support Japanese civilians in London. Often providing activities and advice for those in need. It was more of a small club than an organisation, but that aside...

Moho had a reputation to build and maintain. Or rather, he wants to be the greatest human being London has ever seen. And being the complete utter egotistical idiot he is, he had decided that using the recently revived Phantom Thief as a marketing tool was a great idea. And thus, he had invited a trustworthy and insanely popular detective from Japan, Kuroba Kaito to London in order to capture this thief. 

Kaito was experienced with thieves. He had never caught one before, but he had dealt with two back in Japan. Phantom Thief Heart and Phantom Thief Q, (Or commonly referred as 'Phantom Thief Cute'). Also known as the Cute Hearts. They were pesky thieves. One was from the West, and the other was from the East. 

"Oh, the plan."

The detective's smug look vanished. It was soon replaced with a grimace of sorts. After a moment of brief silence, Kaito spoke. 

"To put this lightly, your plan really sucks dick."

Moho's jaw almost dropped at this, but he managed to flash a somewhat apologetic look. Scratching his cheek sheepishly as he tried to appear as polite as possible. Kaito was his secret weapon, he ain't losing him. 

"I... Figured."

Kaito wagged a finger, clearly preparing to criticise as he shuffled in his seat. Leaning over.

"Phantom Thief 898 would be smarter than that. According to what I've gathered about him so far, at least." 

Moho raised a brow at this, despite knowing what Kaito had said was basically true.

"A thief who uses cleverly crafted magic tricks in order to distract Scotland Yard... Selecting a place which limits his options would be most wise. But that aside. 898 is a master of disguise, is he not? Mimics one's voice and appearance flawlessly..."

There it was again, Kuroba-Tantei's smug smirk. 

"We've selected five Nippon Society members to join the heist... May I have a look through their profiles?"

The champagne haired one couldn't predict what Kaito was plotting. But it did... Undeniably, cause him to feel excited. 

"Sure thing, detective!"

Hand written notes, carefully filed were taken out and spread across the table. Kaito shifted his empty cup aside, picking up a single profile.

"Hmm. A game programmer, an artist, a part timer... And... Hmm... 898 wouldn't disguise as a child, would he?"

Kaito mused to himself, eyes narrowing as he skimmed through the profiles which he suspected that Moho had written. Typical, blocky, easy-to-read writing that a Japanese English student would be trained to write. 

"By the way, welcome to Nippon Society."

Moho spoke, holding out his hand. A gem rested in his palm. An emerald in the shape of a small flower. It's a symbol of the Nippon Society, but also the bait which will lure 898 out into the open. 

The detective glances up, gladly accepting the gem. He'll join the Nippon Society whilst he stays in London.

"It's a pleasure to be able to participate in your faithful group."

Kaito grinned widely, winking.

On the other side of the cafe, a middle aged waiter listened from afar, wiping the tables. His glasses shining menacingly.