I Need to See You - Mericcup One shot

"Come on, Toothless," Hiccup whispered as he leaned forward on the scales of his best friend. Toothless immediately took off to the sky, and Hiccup only paid enough attention to where they were going to change tail positions. He didn’t care where they went; he just needed to get out of Berk for the day.

Toothless flew for nearly an hour, but when he finally landed, Hiccup didn’t care how long the ride had taken. He loved this place.

He knew it in and out, but mostly the secret passageways into a certain kingdom. He could get anywhere in the entire land with his eyes closed, but there was one place in particular that his feet had memorized the path to and his heart always insisted he go. 

"Stay here, Toothless," he said, adding a small little scratch under his neck for good measure, Toothless laid in the grass and rolled around like a puppy, making Hiccup smile wider than he already was. "Good boy."

He had to scale what felt like a dozen walls, crawl through some drains, and climb up the side of the castle, but it was all worth it. He peaked into her window, and she was, sure as the sunrise, and she was all along too, thank Odin. He held himself up against her window with just his left arm as his right knocked timidly on her window. 

She looked up, her bright red and perfectly imperfectly curly hair twirling around and bouncing up and down as she did. She threw the bow and arrow she was carving on the ground and ran to the window, unlatching it with ease.

"Hiccup!" she squealed happily. He laughed and pulled himself up with ease and experience. 

The moment he felt his foot touch the hard wood floor, his hands tangled in her hair of their own accord and he pulled her lips to meet his. He kissed her deeply, and the surprise noise that Merida made at their unexpected first kiss quickly turned into a passionate reciprocation. He pulled away after a minute, blushing fiercely.

"I, ugh, h-hi, Meridia," he said nervously, he smiled a bit sheepishly, he hand rubbing the back of his neck. "I’ve really missed you." 

Her cheeks matching the color of her hair and her eyes were wide as she, for the first time in her life, struggled to speak. 

Just a quick writing ~ feedback and requests are greatly encouraged xxx